Up to Tejon

socalkid

Reaction score
Just before i was about to start packing up for an evening hunt at Tejon, i decided to double check to see that there wasn't a Wild Pig Management hunt going on in the South zone this weekend. Turns out there is
which is a bummer for me and my dad because with our Spring membership you cant hunt on the half of the ranch that has the Management hunt going on and we live closer to the south zone.
O well though, i guess we will go on monday!!

I am always looking for up to date intel on where to look for them sneaky pigs, so if anyone has been there recently and would like to share some information that would be greatly appreciated.

Flatbroke

Reaction score
well, look at the shiny side, you didn't pack, and didn't waste any gas. Good thing you had the mental warewithal to check first. Good luck next time. Never been to Tejon, but can offer this advice which will hold true to most any place you hunt. During the evening in the hotter weather I would be sitting near the closest water source to their hold up spots. They can usually be found right before dark coming for H20.

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flatbroke @ Apr 26 2008, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well, look at the shiny side, you didn't pack, and didn't waste any gas. Good thing you had the mental warewithal to check first. Good luck next time. Never been to Tejon, but can offer this advice which will hold true to most any place you hunt. During the evening in the hotter weather I would be sitting near the closest water source to their hold up spots. They can usually be found right before dark coming for H20.[/b]

INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!

socalkid

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. It sure is going to be hot up there and sitting by a creek sounds like a great idea.

el_vaquero

Reaction score
I'd go hunt the other side regardless, with all the activity going on with the pig management hunt it just might push them your way.

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
The northside is just a half hour longer than the south. I was up Friday for a look and the north had pigs every spot we looked. I just have to know the roads better to get on them with a bow.

Water is a good idea but Tejon has water everywhere so stick to the thick stuff in the deep canyons. The oats on the North are knee high and looking good. Most of the trees below 4k are covered with leaves and I have found more posion oak than ever before.

Good luck I'll be up on the 10th with a few friends. We plan on hunting the south in the am and heading to the north in the evening.

Top Bottom