Upper Cottonwood Creek

michaelp

Reaction score
In the past DFG organized limited access hunts for opening weekend of the Zone A rifle season at Upper Cottonwood Creek Wildlife Area. You were selected through a random draw by submitting your name on a postcard. Does anyone know if they are doing it for the 2009 season and if so where do you send your application?:patiotic-wavin-flag

Common Sense

Reaction score
Probably the same as always, call the DFG in Los Banos or Google Upper Cottonwood Creek for the info. The postcards for the drawing probably need to be sent in pretty soon.

Publiclandhunter

Reaction score
No postcards are accepted this year. It's an actual application form that you have to complete and either mail or fax to the DFG office in Los Banos. HAs to be in the office by 4:30 PM Tuesday, July 7th.

Good luck!!
PLH

dkhuntr25

Banned
Reaction score
ya when i went up pig hunting a few weeks ago at dinosaur point there was a ton of apps up there

Gutbucket

Reaction score
How about the deer and pig hunting there?

Hello,

Just for fun I put in for the opening day drawing for Upper Cottonwood Creek and got it. I drove by the area one evening and also checked it out by topo and aerial maps. Does anyone actually get game out of this area?

Robert

huntingbret

Reaction score
Lots of game come out of this area. Just ask L2H. I think last year, we nicknamed him the "pig killer" for that area. There were also a few bucks that came out of the area. It's just a matter of being at the right place at the right time.

dkhuntr25

Banned
Reaction score
if ur in good shape and willing to put in the effort u will kill game there. a friend of mine shoots a buck every year and a few pigs. shoot last yr he shot a 350lb 3 1'2 tusk boar lot of walkin but if ur in shape its worth it just watch out for the hills that look like and easy decline that turn into drop offs lol

Latest Posts

Top Bottom