URGENT! California Fish and Game Committee Appointee

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
The confirmation hearing for a great friend of California sportsmen and women, Michael Flores, on the California Fish and Game is Coming up on March 19, 2000.  Because Michal is a sportsman and bowhunter, the anti groups have filed to date 61 letters of opposition to his confirmation.  There are currently only 39 letters of support from our side.  As far as I know, Michael Flores is the only candidate for the commission who has been an active NWTF committee member (Elk Grove Chapter).  He is one of us.

Therefore, it is very important for you to write a simple letter of support immediately and get it in the mail.  Copies of the letter sent from Dick Bradish and from me are show below.  Feel free to use the ideas but don't make your letters exact copies.  Please try to get 5 letters written from your chapter.  If the antis win this one, we can expect to get an antihunter on the commission, which will make our turkey release programs more difficult to get going again.  Use the address and format from the sample letters below.  Please note that some of the spacing is odd due to the software program that was used to insert the file here.

I can't stress enough how important it is for you to get a letter from your chapter and 4 more from individuals in the mail not later that March 14, 2001, sooner if possible.  I know the timing is bad for many of you with banquets, but we are not in control of that, we just need to act now.

Other news.  If you haven't heard, Don Geivet got the 3rd and final National Board of Directors seat over Louis Yount by 1 vote in the recent election.  Just goes to show you how important your participation was.  The State Chapter got cards back showing votes in from at least 35 different chapters.

Thank you for this and the many other great things you are doing for the wild resources of California.

Charlie Ryan

Regional Field Supervisor

February 13, 2001

The Honorable John L. Burton, Chairman

Senate Rules Committee

State Capitol, Room 500

Sacramento, CA 95814

Re: Michael Flores - Confirmation to the California Fish & Game Commission

Dear Senator Burton,

As president of the California State Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation, I offer the wholehearted support of our 5,000 members to the confirmation of Michael Flores as a member of the California Fish & Game Commission. We believe that Michael Flores has a unique blend of knowledge and personal qualities that make him an ideal candidate for this position.

Mr. Flores s active participation in outdoor activities has engendered in him a deep, abiding love for and commitment to our natural resources. Furthermore, his demonstration of this commitment by the sacrifices he has made in his personal life on behalf of all Californians has earned him the respect of the sporting community. As a sportsman, he has a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations governing hunting and fishing. He is well equipped to make a sound and informed contribution to the Fish & Game Commission.

Personally, I have been most impressed with Mr. Flores s openness and sincerity, his genuine desire to hear from all interested parties before making decisions, and his demonstrated leadership skills. His knowledge and appreciation of California s natural resources, his understanding of the regulations governing these, and his credibility make him a valuable asset to the Commission. All Californians need a man of his caliber in defining the future of our natural resources. On behalf of our 5,000 California members, I respectfully request that the Senate Rules Committee support the confirmation of Michael Flores to the Commission seat appointed him by Governor Davis.

Sincerely,Copy - Original signed as "Richard M. Bradish"

Richard M. Bradish, President

NWTF California State Chapter

6925 Browns Valley Road

Vacaville, CA 95688

c: Members, Senate Rules Committee

Bob Treanor, California Fish & Game Commission

Michael Flores

NATIONAL WILD TURKEY FEDERATION

3034 Youngs Court

El Dorado Hills, CA 95762-4225

916 939-6600

February 12, 2001

The Honorable John L. Burton, Chairman

Senate Rules Committee

State Capitol, Room 500

Sacramento, CA 95814

RE: Michael Flores Confirmation to California Fish and Game Commission

Dear Senator Burton:

The National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) enjoys several partnership agreements with the California Department of Fish and Game. Therefore, the NWTF and its membership statewide have great interest in appointments to the California Fish and Game Commission. The NWTF wholeheartedly supports the confirmation of Michael Flores.

I have known Michael Flores for about 8 years and have learned of his deep concern for the natural resources of California. I have personally observed him as he has given his time and talents to make sure that future generations of Californians can enjoy the vast array of natural resources for which we are the custodians. Mr. Flores, from his background as a sportsman, has detailed personal knowledge of the rules and regulations that govern fishing and hunting. He is well equipped to make sound decisions regarding the preservation of our wildlife, both for sportsmen and women and for the preservation of non-game species.

In addition to his knowledge, Michael Flores has demonstrated leadership skills that will be of great value to the California Fish and Game Commission. I can t think of another individual so well suited to served as California Fish and Game Commissioner. For these reasons, on behalf of the thousands of volunteers and members of the NWTF in California, I respectfully request the Senate Rules Committee support the confirmation of Michael Flores to the Commission seat appointed him by Governor Davis.

Thank you for your kind consideration of this request.

Sincerely,

Copy Original signed as "Charles Ryan"

Charles Ryan

Regional Field Supervisor

Cc: Members, Senate Rules Committee

Bob Treanor, California Fish and Game Commission

Michael Flores

Top Bottom