US Marines snub Kerry!

gwhunter69

Reaction score
(US Marines snub Kerry!) Newly crowned Kerry storms back on the campaign trail

AFP ^ | July 30, 2004

Echoing the themes of his nomination acceptance speech the night before, Kerry vowed to restore credibility to the White House, while accusing Bush of misleading people over the war in Iraq and muddling the fight against terror.

"These are dangerous times ... and we deserve a president who tells the truth to the American people," he said.

Kerry and his vice presidential running mate, John Edwards, were accompanied by both their families, as well as Hollywood heart throb Ben Affleck -- doing a bit of goodwill stumping.

Earlier, their bus convoy pulled over at a Wendy's fast food restaurant for a photo opportunity lunch that provided an awkward moment.

Spotting a group of US Marines, Kerry, who has made his Vietnam War service a cornerstone of his campaign, went over to chat. The Marines, who all turned out to be staunch Bush reporters, were not impressed.

"He imposed on us and I disagree with him coming over here shaking our hands," one of them told reporters afterwards. "I'm 100 percent against" Kerry, he said. "We support our commander-in-chief 100 percent."

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Semper Fi. I saw the video and Kerry screwed the pooch on that one. It was an awkward moment that exposed him for what he is.

One Marine had the chesire cat grin on and I'm sure he was thinking "Get out of here clown befroe we stuff you head first in that trash container over there".

Top Bottom