wolf

Reaction score
is it worth the price you have to pay to use the uv filters or is using glass just as good.

Guru

Reaction score
 I've used both,glass first,then UV's.I think they are without a doubt worth the money.Picture quality is definately improved.
           Curt }----->

Lew

Reaction score
Like others, I built two cameras one with a UV filter and one with window glass.  The difference in picture quality is very noticeable, The UV filter is much better.  Checking out local sources it cost me about $10 per filter.  Doing a search on the internet I found a site "camerafilters.com", where they sell UV filters (Hoya) for $3.95 and give a 10% discount and S&H is only $4.  I bought 5 filters delivered for $4.35 ea.  If you use UV filters, you might want to check it out.  Lew

TmKarren

Reaction score
I too used a one piece of plexi glass.  I replaced it with a uv lense,  I'm waiting for the results Its out right now.  Trying to fill up a roll of film.  I got 4 52mm off of ebay from a company called VIP Photo out of New Orleans I bought mine for $1.00 each.  Plus $2.00 shipping for the first. each after $1.00 each.  So for 4 I spent $9.00 total.  You could try to see if they will sell more the email I got from them was valdatta@networktel.net  It might be worth it?

(Edited by TmKarren at 5:43 pm on Mar. 10, 2002)

bat

Reaction score
Ok guys I got a person I can get some 46mm UVs from that I can get and resell for about $3.50 a piece (plus shipping) if anyone want some.  Just e-mail me how many you want and your address and I will return the e-mail.  He has 38 of them, don't know how many he still has but if I can get enought interest I will buy them all and sell them to whoever wants them.  :smile-big-blue:

edited price down to $3.50

(Edited by bat at 11:57 pm on April 1, 2002)

MBullism

Reaction score
I'm in for four if you get 'em...  Just let me know.

M

davered1

Reaction score
Bat ,

Put me down for at least  half a dozen. Let me know when you get them. I can transfer money via PAYPAL.

Thanks

bat

Reaction score
Thanks davered1, MBullish and Mike, I got you three down for yours.  NOTE: I went back and lowered the price down to $3.50 a piece, this will give me a little room and still give you a good deal.  :batwings:

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi Bat,

I'd be interested in 4 if that's ok.   46MM = 1.8" in diameter right?

Thanx

Tinhorn

bat

Reaction score
Tinhorn thanks for the question, I'll try to get him to measure them just to make sure.  They should be between 1 3/4" (44mm) and 1 7/8" (48mm).  I was going to use a hole saw of 1 3/4" then dremal them out to fit.

woodsman

Reaction score
Hi bat
      whats the up side to UV lens from  glass ,I here the guy's talking about UV's ,
      does it make a big difference in picture quality?

bat

Reaction score
They should be on the way tomorrow.  Last call if you want any of them before ordering let me know tonight.  Tuesday night.  Thanks

bat

Reaction score
Hey Woodsman,  I'm not really a pro at this, but from what I've seen of the pictures and the posting in here from everybody, this gives a much better quality picture.  If you are like I am you want the clearest pictures you can get...hope that helps.  If you want some e-mail me.  Thanks.

scott morris

Reaction score
Bat I would love to get two of these UV filters. Send me an email for address and funds. Shouldn't be much for shipping I live in N.Ga.

djc

Reaction score
If it's not much trouble, I'll take 2.
Let me know how to pay you for them.

Thanks

Dennis Charniak
Visual Engineering
3401 Technology Drive
Plano, TX 75074

bat

Reaction score
Got them ordered, they should be shipped to me by Wed next week at the latest I would think.  Got all of you covered that e-mailed me or sent messages.  Got about 6 left if anybody needs them and 2 polarized one if anybody needs them.  Thanks

bat

Reaction score
I missed the mail today and the mailman left me a note of undelivered shipment.  Should have the UVs tomorrow in the mail.  Just letting the ones who ordered know that I should be getting them out shortly...will e-mail you when I check them out tomorrow...thanks bat

MBullism

Reaction score
Got mine today!  (well yesterday, actually..the wife was hiding them, lol).  Look great, already thinking of how to adjust all the things i have to do this weekend to retrofit cam #1 this weekend...so many things, so little time!

Thanks bat, for the time and effort on your part (and the 20 cents change was nice, too!)

Signed,

a satisfied customer.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I got mine too, Thanx a million Bat, for doing all the leg work for us guys....

I'm anxious to see the difference in pix quality.  There is a Circ Clip on them, I removed it to get the glass out and glued it in my last Nestle Cam yesterday for this w/e.

Quick and dirty way to do it but I was in a hurry.  The next I'll fit it into the enclosure hole to make it look real nice like the guys so already did it that way.

Tinhorn

Top Bottom