• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

VAFB deer season

ltdann

Anybody know how the deer season is going? Harvest report? No numbers posted on isportsmen yet.

CaliJeephuntr

Hunted Saturday morning and evening with lots of fog and wind. A friends kid shot his first buck on Sunday morning, and that's the only one I've heard about. But I didn't stop at the conservation office to see if anything had been checked in. Did you come up and hunt?

ltdann

not yet, I'll be up towards the end of the season. Just kinda wondering what the herd looks like and numbers seen. Haven't had a chance to come up this whole year so I'm flying blind.

scottmarine

not yet, I'll be up towards the end of the season. Just kinda wondering what the herd looks like and numbers seen. Haven't had a chance to come up this whole year so I'm flying blind.
Ltdan- hope all is well. I did see pictures of a big one killed during the archery season. I think it said 6 where killed during that season. Good luck this year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaliJeephuntr

Well, from what I saw on Saturday, the herd is in much better shape compared to last year. Lots of does with fawns or two fawns/yearlings. I didn't see horns, but friends have seen them and my dad saw a shooter fork last night but couldn't get on him. So things feel better than what I saw and heard from last year.

ltdann

Thanks all, that's what I'm hoping to hear. With all the rain, I was hoping for better fawn recruitment than the year before. That made my day.

Top Bottom