• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Vandenberg doing hog depredation? Cooler down for a few months.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
From a hunter,

I'm not a member of the forum but I know many Vandenberg AFB hunters are. Please blast out to your membership that the Air Force has hired the USDA to eradicate all wild pigs from the base. This is in progress now. Unfortunately the base has not been forthcoming with this information and continues to promote pig hunting and selling hunting permits. I'm sure your members will be as furious about this as I am. If you need verification before posting please contact Wayne Moses at VAFB Conservation office.

Also the VAFB rod and gun club's walk in cooler is down and likely not to be up before the end of deer season.

DaveGray

From a hunter,

I'm not a member of the forum but I know many Vandenberg AFB hunters are. Please blast out to your membership that the Air Force has hired the USDA to eradicate all wild pigs from the base. This is in progress now. Unfortunately the base has not been forthcoming with this information and continues to promote pig hunting and selling hunting permits. I'm sure your members will be as furious about this as I am. If you need verification before posting please contact Wayne Moses at VAFB Conservation office.

Also the VAFB rod and gun club's walk in cooler is down and likely not to be up before the end of deer season.
This is not true. The only hogs that are being taken are the ones that have a tracking collar and any hogs that were together with the collared hog.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Tracking collar on hogs what's that about, do they catch one put a tracker on it then let it loose to get back to the Saunders and then put them on blast...tra

canamrider07

I would not be happy as a paying member. Collar one so you can take the others in the sounder?
tra, it's sounder not Colonel Saunders............CurtisSounder.png

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Wtf, I have to start wearing my readers before I hit the post button...lol...Sanders, sounders, Saunders I am so confused someone please help me.....lol..thnx 4 the 411....tra

DaveGray

Tracking collar on hogs what's that about, do they catch one put a tracker on it then let it loose to get back to the Saunders and then put them on blast...tra
The wildlife biologist wanted some data on the range the hogs traveled in the area. Only 5 hogs were trapped and collared. There was interesting and helpful results. One traveled about 20 miles from where it was trapped and came back. Most go off base during the day and feed at night on base.

slim_2181

Has anyone seen hogs lately. I m planning a trip up to hunt and wanted to see if anyones seen any hogs. i like that trail cam pic on this thread wheres that from?

Top Bottom