VArmint Hunting In So Cal

Mntngoat

Reaction score
Is there a map or publication that outlines which areas are shotgun only for the Lake Arrowhead or Lake Perris?
I'd hate to bring my rifle and find out only shotgun hunting is allowed.:

(Edited by Mntngoat at 6:48 am on Jan. 23, 2002)

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Mntngoat,

There is a San Bernardino County shooting map put out by the S.B. County Dept. of Special Districts, or at least there was, I've lost mine and I'm trying to find out if they're still available.

San Bernardino Co. Dept, of Special Districts
157 W. 5th St.
San Bernardino Ca. 92415

Telephone: (909) 387-5940
Fax: (909) 387-5968
Fax: (909) 387-5542

http://www.specialdistricts.org/index.shtml

Their office is on the 2nd floor and I'm going to try and look them up again tomorrow.

The map was $2.00 and was a huge colored fold out that covered the San Bernardino Forest and the upper desert. It was a map like I have online for L.A. county.

Marty

Reaction score
Last I spoke to someone on the issue of current maps, the old ones were no longer available and they were trying to get new ones published with more accurate topographic detail.  Seems the old maps left boundaries undefined by landmark or road. Consequently,  enforcement was hindered.

Let us know if you do find an old one.  All I have is an old SBdoNF map that shows shooting/non-shooting boundaries.  And I know that has been revised by the FS.  However, for some reason, the information is no longer published on any FS map.
Hmmmm.

T F Coyote

Reaction score
The San Bernardino National Forest map, published by the USFS, shows the "no rifle, pistol, archery zones" (which are open to shotguns).  You can buy one at any USFS office.

As for Lake Perris, I believe the whole area is shotgun only, but I have hunted there only once.

Top Bottom