Ventana Wilderness Area

Piker

Reaction score
Has anyone had good fortune in the Ventana Wilderness Area hunting blacktail or pig?

Thanks,

mr

Orygun

Reaction score
Which part of the Ventana? I took quite a few hikes into parts of it. Saw few deer and fewer piggies. Tons of gray squirrels. Not saying there aren't many deer, just never found where they real;ly liked to hang out.

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
Member Lee Chul gave up some good info on potential spots to check. Do a search on his previous posts.

As for what I've found...It's hella steep and hot. Of course, alot of public land in A-zone is like that.

Oh yeah - Welcome to Jesse's.

Backcountry

Reaction score
Dang Rancho, you beat me to it... guess you're not old as the memory seems to be working just fine. That was a good thread, and I ended up doing a bunch of web, map, and air photo research for that area because of it, and I was even planning on hunting there A-zone archery opener, but I lucked out and drew a premium tag instead so my plans changed.

My advice for Ventana, be in the best shape of your life (and then just a small amount better), don't carry less than 2 liters of water, preferably a gallon (yep, that's 8.8 extra pounds boys), watch out for the poison oak, dope growers, mountain lions, and nekid chicks at the hot springs
, and work hard because I think that area holds some doozies!

Here's the link... it's miscatagorized in the muley forum (the deer there are actually called "pacific hybrids" by CBH).

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/index....=ST&f=4&t=65172

Backcountry

Top Bottom