Very wierd phone call

russ

Reaction score
  A friend of mine called me today and ask me if I could build her a cam.Her father passed away about 6 mounths ago and someone keeps takeing flowers and personal stuff from the grave.She said the ones next to her fathers never get disturbed.I been ask for some strange things before but I think this one is at the top of my list!But I told her I would do it,if it catch this sick person it be worth the effort.I don't know how I'm going to hide it and secure it,but if theres a will theres a way.

T

the hairless one

russ,
Maybe you could disguise it as another set of flowers and vase on another gravestone or something that way if the flash went off they might not be able to figure out where it came from.

russ

Reaction score
 Well they aren't doing it at night gate closes before dark.This is what really fired her up,she put stuff out this morning before work,then found out this afternoon they were gone.So I don't have to use a flash!I just need to make it hard to find and harder to remove if they do.

gizz

Reaction score
Just turn the flash off (if your using the canon owl) that way there's no chance of it flashing.
Next, say a prayer explaining why your gonna do what your gonna do and then....
if you know the family of a neighboring grave you might want to ask them if they would mind that you placed some flowers on their grave with your camera hidden in the flowers...
I know it seems kinda creepy but remember your doing a good thing. The person down under would probably give you a thumbs up for a good deed.
Of course if you do nail this "poor soul" make sure you post the pic here for us to see!
good luck.

knothead

Reaction score
hope you can catch the fruit-loop.people like that dont need to wandering around,(outside a fence anyway.

horndog

Reaction score
A friend of mine just moved into a trailer park and is having problems with unauthorized phone calls. We think that the neighbors are using her outside jack and I told her that I would set my cam up outside or under her trailer so we could get a pic of the perp. Just got to figure out where to attach it so it doesn't go anywhere. She had her long distance service cut off because the phone company said she had illegal calls to the Domican Republic. Don't know how you can make an illegal call but thats what they said. Hope these Home brew cams work for this sort of thing, I would love to bust who ever is doinf this.

Stever

Reaction score
Great uses for the cams!
Catch em and post the pictures!

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Don't know if there are any trees around where ya'll are trying to catch these people but these cams work well when placed up in a tree and angled down.  The active zone is reduced to a circle so you will have to use the test led to make sure the area you want to watch(trigger) is right where the perpetrator is going to be.

Good luck!
Brian

deadcell

Reaction score
Russ, They used to make this paint in a spraycan that came out with sort of a marble texture. I think they called it fleck paint, but i do remember it came in the color of stone. Maybe you could find a big piece of hard foam, cut it in the shape of a gravestone, hide the camera inside it and then paint it with the marble looking paint. Nobody would ever think a thing about a gravestone in a cemetary. Maybe it might work.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Horndog,

Outside of your friends house, usually on the telephone pole or similiar, there should be a gray colored plastic box, half of this box is closed with a "special" bolt, you need a "can wrench" or a pair of needlenose pliers to open it, this is called the outside "D-mark" the phone company uses, to "break out" their phone pairs from the large cable, and seperate them to the individual residences. This box will be close by to her house, but could be a few hundred yards. I would bet you  that whoever is using her line illegally, is probably opening this outside box, clipping a phone on it, and calling away!! At work, we use what we call a "Butt set", basically a phone with a keypad, and two alligator clips on the wires, where you can clip onto the terminal's inside the "D-mark". I would focus my detective work around looking for and watching this outside box. Hope this may help!

(Edited by h2obobh2o at 6:44 pm on Jan. 1, 2002)

MBullism

Reaction score
On a lighter note, alternate uses for these cams..

It occured to my six year old this year that this device is EXACTLY what is necessary to photograph Santa (and the tooth fairy, sandman, Easter Bunny et. al.)

We too have had items stolen from my father in laws grave, I'm interested to learn how this works out...

M

russ

Reaction score
    I'll get back to you all as sone as I have some more info working on the cam right now.

Fubar

Reaction score
MBullism Check out the topic "5 year old question". We talked about Santa. I put the cam out when Santa brought the presents but the pictures of Santa dont come out. I dont think the toothe fairy or the easter bunny pics will come out either. Tell your 6 year old they cant be photographed.             Fubar

MBullism

Reaction score
Thanks Fubar, I hadn't picked up on that...

I recently built my first cam with you all's help, and thank the gods that I hadn't finished it by christmas eve.  I actually sat down and finished my soldering after the kids opened presents....

It's in the woods now, so the tooth fairy is safe (until the next cam...)

Top Bottom