Veteran's Day remembrance

P304X4

While enjoying your weekend please take a moment to remember those who gave all for our freedom. A big thank you to all who have served and to all who have lost loved ones a prayer that you find peace in the Lord from your sorrows. May God bless us all.

jackrabbit

We need to bring home deported veterans before they come back in a box. Even US citizens who have broken a law and served their time get freedom to return to therir families.

jackrabbit

To add one more bit, we just buried a deported Vet in nearby Reedly, CA. He was honorably discharged after completing his service in action, but ended up deported, not being a citizen. He was badly injured in a car accident and it took political action to permit him to be transported to the San Diego VA for treatment that was his right. He did not survive, but at least he got to die on the American soil that he fought for. How can we let veterans die on foreign soil before they can come home in a box?

Limited Out

If you would like to pay tribute to our Veterans here is a book you might find worth reading. The "The Things They Carried" by Tim O'Brien. I'm just finishing this book. An excellent look at what our Vietnam Veterans sacrificed to protect our freedoms.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
My snap is from a sunset i took from the local hwy. I added the verse from the poem In Flander's Fields. In Flanders Fields, one of history's most famous wartime poems, written in 1915 during the First World War by Canadian officer and surgeon John McCrae. It helped popularize the red poppy as a symbol of remembrance.

we_will_remember_them_sunset_big.jpg

Top Bottom