Video clips from your cameras

Witty

Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping I could get some of you guys to post video examples (or links to videos), taken in the field, made by your game-cameras... not by video set-ups, but by P-32's, P-41's, W-35's, S-600's, etc. etc. Make sure to let us know which camera model is responsible for the clip. And if you have any tips to offer on how to get the best results, please do so. Thanks!

-Witty

Witty

Reaction score
Hi,

I'll go first. I decided to try "movie mode" on my Sony DSC-S40, since I'd never tried taking movie clips on any of my cams, ever. I set it up to take 10-second clips, daytime only. Here's one of the clips I got:

Click Here

So, it definitely worked, but the result is a tad less impressive than I was hoping. I think one of the issues is how far away the deer were from the camera. The other issue is, while it may have been "daytime", it was dark enough in the woods to create some fairly annoying contrast (the bright area is the edge of a cut-over). I have a few other videos that are so dark that I can't even see what's in them. So is that as good as it gets, quality-wise, or are there some things I can do improve the results? Which camera models take decent video clips?

-Witty

Eastky Bowhunter

Reaction score
Heres a few clips from a P52/Pix LE that I run in video mode.

These are from a 2006 and were taken with a P32/Pix LE in video mode.

Outhouse

Reaction score
I have only played around with the video mode a little bit. I do have one camera out that I put out a couple of weeks ago that I'm trying something different. You are kind of limited with the daytime only picrtures and unfortunately the dawn and dusk videos don't turn out so good. One thing I do do is use the biggest memory card that I have and I set delay time to the minimum so that if something does come in I can more footage. I also set the board pot to a lesser sensitivity to try to reduce false triggers

Here's one link from a few years back. It's a P32 w/Universal Bd.

http://www.huntingfootage.com/showphoto.ph.../500/ppuser/207

Top Bottom