Virus

ltdann

Reaction score
anybody under quarantine or got the virus? If so, any suggestions or feedback? Just curious what it's really like because the news is just repeating itself.

#1Predator

Reaction score
We don't have any cases in Kern County yet. Tulare County has two cases with 66 people "self-monitoring". All K-12 schools will be closed in Kern County from March 18th-April 14th. Bakersfield College, where I teach, is still on a normal class schedule but that could change at any moment to "virtual instruction" eliminating face-to-face instruction. What a pain in the ass.

ltdann

Reaction score
My wife has been working at a lab screening delivery people. The lab processed 5600 COVID-19 mouth swabs over the weekend, only 2 positive since this began. I just don't get the panic.

#1Predator

Reaction score
I don't get the panic either. It kinda reminds me of the sixties during the Cuban missile crisis when we were told to hide under our desks and "don't look at the flash" during a nuclear blast. Take precautions - okay, I get that but buying carts full of toilet paper????? Really????

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
so if they are relaxing stuff like taxes and no turns offs for electric of gas because of the virus, when is DFW relaxing the regs? Extra month of turkey and deer season. Open up tree rat hunting in Socal. Food supply is getting tight, fresh game for the table will really help span the gap when theyre short of meat at costco.

Does Newsome have to sign that?

ltdann

Reaction score
It's tree rat season year around already...isn't it? Forget I asked, ignorance is bliss.

They just shut all the restaurants down in SD county. All the schools closed, so the kids are wandering the streets. Won't be long before the break-in's start. I've lost a huge chunk of my thrift savings plan, hopefully the markets will bounce back later this year.

P304X4

Reaction score
Hopefully a vaccine will be found soon. It looks like the market plunge has slowed but Market Watch says it may drop a little further especially if we go into a recession. Large entities are cautiously buying for a slight gain but they're the companies that can afford a slight drop. Retired little guys like me are being advised to wait a little longer for the market to right itself or a vaccine; which ever comes first. Paper products, cleaning supplies and non perishable foods are still being wiped off the shelves faster than the stores can stock them. In times like these its easy to spot the idiots with no common sense.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
I know one person who has been diagnosed with the virus. He is not sure how he was exposed. He said it was the worst sore throat he ever had as well as a bad cough. The test swab way up his nose was not pleasant. He is on the mend and expects to be normal in a couple of weeks. I haven't heard much about how he and his wife are being quarantined. He is over 65 and retired so I guess like me he is one of the higher risk groups. He also lives near Seattle which of course is a hot bed for the virus.

#1Predator

Reaction score
Day 2 of my self quarantine from work and my wife has already filed an harassment complaint with HR.;):D

ltdann

Reaction score
They're talking about maybe sending us all home to telework...don't know why, only 55 cases reported on the other side of the county. I live in small town and all the restaurants are scrambling to keep in business. They're delivering meals to the parking lots while you wait. Crazy.

Limited Out

Reaction score
My solution, go hunting and maybe I'll take my pole! Bye myself with my dog! I enjoy my dog more than what I have been seeing people!

ltdann

Reaction score
my coworkers know I'm a hunter. Many of them have to come to the realization that they probably should have a firearm. They've been coming to me amazed that they can't just walk into a store and buy a firearm and/or ammo and walk out. Some ask how to get around that, I tell them to vote out the idiots in Sacramento and vote Republican....anything else is illegal. Sorry!:cool:

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
More homeless have been showing up at the office bldg where I work in the SFV. They've been trying to break into bathrooms and Ive caught two on the second floor on Friday and Wednesday eve. Seen a lower level storefront window had been smashed out when I was leaving yesterday.

#1Predator

Reaction score
I'd like to know where Newsom is getting his numbers. The city of Wuhan, China, where this virus started, had a population of 2 million people. Only a small percentage of the population (about 48,500 to date) got sick. Newsom says that half of California, 25.5 million people, will get sick. That's almost 13 times the total population of Wuhan, China. Really????? Is he thinking that the homeless population in big cities will spread this disease throughout California? If so, maybe he should have dealt with the homeless problem before this pandemic. Chickens coming home to roost?????

Limited Out

Reaction score
I am a life long registered Republican. 99% of the time I am solidly against wasteful and excessive government spending. This is the only time I can remember being in favor of spending more and worrying about it later. I want our government to overkill on this. I don't think it is a time to be penny wise and pound foolish. Let's attack this full on, if a few bucks get wasted so be it. Right or Wrong, it's just an opinion!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom