Vivitar wiring ?

ncsu

Reaction score
I have the "new" Vivitar Df-500 boards and one of Jon's slave flash boards and can't rember how I did my first camera. What wires to connect to from my D-cell battery holder to the vivitar? Do I just connect straight to the wires that were originally there to power the vivitar?

I have Jon's board and the vivtar soldered and the resistors cut but I can't rember how to give it power?

Thanks Guys!

Bat I should have asked earlier but forgot.

D Letho

Reaction score
On my Viv board I cut the wires fron the battery tabs and soldered to them . I dont see why your number board would be differant .

I would wait to hear from somebody else that knows for sure !!

Just wanted to try and help !

Don

ncsu

Reaction score
Thanks. The more I have thought about it the more I think you are right. I am going to go that route and if it messes up I will blame you!

bat

Reaction score
That might just be the wires from Jon's power slave board to the vivitar, but I am pretty sure it is like "that other guy" was saying.
bat

ncsu here is the link to Jon's webpage showing the 4 boards, just click on the 500 board, when it opens up it will tell you about that other small board you were talking to me about earlier. http://168.144.20.151/ps7/index.html

bowarr

Reaction score
The red wire from the slave flash battery connection goes to the positive, and the black to the negative. You should only have two wires left to solder if you did all the other mods. The wires are small (around a 28 gauge wire size). Do as D Letho said and you will be ok.

D Letho

Reaction score
Look guys stop saying do what D Letho said . The guy already said he was going to blame ME !

bat

Reaction score
Ok Ok I went back and edited my post, sorry about that

bat

ncsu

Reaction score
D Letho, don't worry I did what you said and you will get blamed if it screws up! I appreciate the other post but I just wanted to make sure I was wiring the power to it right.

Top Bottom