Vortex Diamonback 12x50 Bino's mini-review.

Planetcat

Just a quick thumbs up for these binoculars. They are clear, bright, and the 12x power makes for great long distance viewing, with decent fov at closer ranges. I have lots of scopes in Nikon, Zeiss, Steiner, Leupold, and Bushnell, but these are my first Vortex product. I have to say, the glass is comparable to the mid level Nikon and Leupold glass. These binos are very stout, thickly armoured, and well made. Vortex has a great no questions asked lifetime warranty, too. Snagged them for $159 on a Cabelas blowout sale. These are the 2015 model, not the newer 2016 redesigned version. Great binos for the price.

DonQuixote

I have the "New" Diamondback 10x50s. I returned the "Old" 10x42s when I saw the new Diamondbacks came in a 50mm. They are really clear and great for freehanding (I can't freehand 12s very well). The only gripe I have is the original Diamondback's eyecups were much more comfortable. I bury binos into my eye sockets and these aren't padded very well, leading to some discomfort. But, you can't beat the quality of glass for the price.

TheGDog

PS, don't sleep on their little 8x28's DiamondBacks! The glass thru those is sharper than my 10x42's from them. (Go figure that one, eh?) And you get a super stable view at 8x by hand. They have 19mm eye relief so you press them against your brow bone.. this allows you to criss-cross interlock the fingers of your hands into each other and have both index fingers wedge against your forehead above the brow bone providing a very stable triangulation of contact points for it to rest against.

Better than both of these though?... My Bushnell 10x42 Legend Ultra HD Monocular. Has a tripod mount built into it on its bottom. Has a separate focus adjuster that rides above the "barrel". Has a flip-down Objective lense cover, and a tethered eyepiece cover. Can be had like $179-$189

Because of how much I like the Bushnell Monocular, I've been sorely tempted to by their Binos in this same line. They've been showing up in feed Ads while browsing for like $222 and if the glass is like the monocular... it's a steal! But personally I'll have to wait a bit and pay off other stuff at the moment.

Top Bottom