Wagner Resigns as Executive Director of OWAA, Heading 2 RMEF

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Wagner Resigns as Executive Director

December 19, 2001

Dear Friends,

With a lump in my throat, I am resigning as executive director of OWAA, (Outdoor Writers Association of America). I came to OWAA in 1998 with wide eyes, anticipation and a certain awe; I leave with a host of talented and spirited friends, sincere gratitude and a sense of accomplishment.

OWAA has been a journey, and I feel we’ve traveled together quite well. With your support and guidance we’ve achieved a variety of milestones. I’ll reminisce a bit in my February column in Outdoors Unlimited.

But now it’s time to go see what’s over the next hill.

I’ve accepted a position as public relations director for the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. It’s a chance to work more directly for a conservation mission. Like the art of communicating, wildlife and habitat issues are close to my heart and I’m thrilled to join a far-reaching and proven conservation effort. And, as a supporting member, I get to remain part of OWAA. I’ll not be far away.

For the past nearly four years, I thank you. I’m honored to have worked for, and beside, so many gifted OWAA members who share a passion for our great outdoors.

Steve Wagner
Past-Executive Director

Latest Posts

Top Bottom