Waiting for the rut...

StringShooter

Reaction score
I'm starting to see lots of new rubs busted out in the past few days but still have not seen any signs of the big bucks changing their habits.

We are going to get a pretty strong cold front here in Missouri over the next few days. Should drop the temps down but let's see if we can get the deer moving. I have had a lot of people tell me that they have been disappointed so far this year. I tell them that the buck are still holding tight but wait for that first doe to go into estrus.

I will be taking some vacation days come Thursday and will update if I begin to see any changes.

Fubar

Reaction score
StringShooter        Welcome to Jesses Forum.       Fubar

StringShooter

Reaction score
Hi Fubar,
Actually, I have been around for a while. I Use the Huntingbbs.com forums a lot and a guy had the handle of Robinhood. My old handle was RobNhood, so I gave in and had to change it.

I hated to do it but really hd no choice.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 please let us know what you find,ive been under the weather and could not get out all week,but i hope soon.

StringShooter

Reaction score
I will be back on Saturday evening and I will give a report then. You may hear some complaining if the wind doesn't die down. Tomorrow calls for NW winds 20 to 30 mph. with gusts to 40. Not my ideal bowhunting weather for sure.

horndog

Reaction score
The other night (Thurs. 10/25) I had a small 4 pt. walk within 10 yrd. of the tree I was in, problem was it was about 7:15 at night....to dark to shoot.
He came in after a doe and 2 yearlings had jumped the fence and walked to within 20 yds of me.The buck seen the doe and lowered his neck but kept eye contact with her and tried to bust a move on her. Seems like all the guys I've talked to lately are saying the same thing, that the bucks are starting to chase the little fillies....this is getting the blood boiling!

KsBowhunter

Reaction score
Hunted Johnson County over the weekend, sat up in a funnel with an old rubline running through it that I hung a stand in 3 weeks ago.
Saw 4 does at about 150 yds moving along the field edge and had a 100" 6pt (biggest 6pt I've ever seen) at 5 yds after I had gotten out of the stand.
Looks like I might've picked a good spot for the rut. ;)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom