Wal-Mart to film gun sales in bid to fight crime

Ferd Berfull

Reaction score
http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNew...421318620080414

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world's largest retailer, unveiled plans on Monday to film its gun sales in the United States and create a computerized log of purchases in a bid to stop guns falling into the wrong hands....

Now, wait a minute, it seems to me that if I fill out the 4473, go through a background check with the FBI or my state that if they say it is OK then, I shouldn't need Wal Marts additional Okey Dokey...

Just one more reason why I hate that store.

troll

Reaction score
Walmart still sells guns? All the ones around here stopped selling them.

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (troll @ Apr 14 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Walmart still sells guns? All the ones around here stopped selling them.[/b]

All the one's around here quit (wimped out) selling them a long time back. Seems to me that since they already video every inch of the store all they'd have to do is note the date and time on the form and they have a video record of whomever bought the gun.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
4473's don't have a time stamp. But I agree with you; all you have to do is review the security footage (provided it wasn't recorded over 6 months ago), and ID the buyer.

Our local China-Mart still sells guns. At least they aren't made in China; perhaps the only thing left in the store that isn't.

billrob

Reaction score
The walmarts out here have all been fiensteined castrated and have a piss poor two aisle remenant of a sporting goods section.

Same as Sears, K-Mart, and on and on it goes.

scrosby

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BelchFire @ Apr 14 2008, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
4473's don't have a time stamp. But I agree with you; all you have to do is review the security footage (provided it wasn't recorded over 6 months ago), and ID the buyer.

Our local China-Mart still sells guns. At least they aren't made in China; perhaps the only thing left in the store that isn't.

[/b]
On the 4473...the employee is suppose to write the date and time of the transaction in a given section. Who knows how it goes at wal-mart though.

Top Bottom