Walk about

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Is there a time of the year when any and all parts of a NWR are open to exploring ?

I was thinking (dangerous for me ) about checking out some of the blinds at Sac and Del. as well as wandering around LDC and Sutter (if I can get in to Sutter).

I had a deer tag for Grey lodge a few years ago and I was able to check out that place from head to toe and found a few sweet lookin spots.

Mike Riley

Banned
Reaction score
No unfortunately the Sac Complex refuges are closed all year except for hunting season.  The state refuges are open to the public.  USFWS does allow the folks who show up for the Sac NWA Clean Up Day in late Sept. to walk around a bit afterwards, but  that would be your only legal chance to see the blinds at sac before next season.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Sac refuge in late sept !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to hell that weekend to cool off. Thats gotta be a hot one.  Can we get them to move it up for sometime in May ?

Jay

Reaction score
That's their "brush up" day. They paint signs and make sure all the reflective stakes are in place for the blinds, They put brush on the blind sites and do other tidying up. Then they have a kid friendly BBQ. Denise Dachner from the Sac Complex usually runs it. It always ends up on a soccer Saturday for me although this year I only got one kid doing soccer.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom