Walk Test Light

Rooter

Reaction score
Hey I have not used the walk test light on any of my cams, but I want to on one I am building now.  Usually the wires off of the relay go to the camera shutter.  Is there an easy to look at diagram how to wire the test LED into a 3-way switch using the RS-PIR?  I am not sure where I am wiring it.  Also, what is the delay difference between the chime and alarm mode on this sensor?

Thanks

Rooter

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
This pic should help.  It's on the RS PIR instruction page

Use chime mode.  Alarm mode will continue to fire off pictures while it is tripped.  You end up with 3-4-5 pics taken consecutively.

Todd

bat

Reaction score
Rooter just break the red wire coming off the led and the speaker with the switch.  The Chime delay is 5 sec. and the Alarm is 30 sec. as I understand it.....2¢, bat

Rooter

Reaction score
If I connect the setup so that the LED comes on whenever the sensor is tripped and use a switch to just deactivate the camera will I lose that much juice from the bats?  I have no two-way switches and from what I have experienced the RS-PIR uses little juice.  Todd I saw that diagram, but I couldn't tell where the wires went to.  So I hook them to the speaker points.  Also,  Todd I am from Greencastle, PA  you near me?

Rooter

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Just up the road outside of Carlisle about 8 miles.

My earlier cameras had a switch for the camera and one for the LED.  I could have both on or just the LED or Cam.  I would switch on the LED and turn off the camera to test then turn the LED off and the Cam on.  Haven't had any problems.

Hook the LED to the speaker wires and just throw a switch into one of the wires.  Doesn't matter which one.

Todd

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
Is there one of those easy to understand diagrams for the MS20/WM2's around somewhere like for the RS PIR??? That would be VERY helpful and appreciated!!!

Rooter

Reaction score
I am going to add two more single switches.  One will activate/deactivate the LED and the other will activate/deactivate the camera.  Todd it sounds like you are up near Dillsburg.

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
Thanks Joel but I did see that one. It's just not as nice and easy to understand as the diagram for the RS PIR, for those of us that are "electrically challenged" anyway. LOL

JoelM

Reaction score
Bob,

your preaching to the choir here. I was so lost when I started.
Do you have a specific question on the ms20 sensor wiring????

yurmomma

Reaction score
Why not just put a switch on the speaker and use your ears to aim the camera? It's a lot easier than trying to see that little light from 30 ft. away. Of coarse I am blind.

(just kidding!)

Top Bottom