For Sale Walnut Quail Calls

Stevehazard

Reaction score
Made some walnut valley/gambel quail calls a little while back.

20181218_081223.jpg

#1-3 "Rockers" A very old rocking chair that had been in the family for over 100 years broke beyond repair and my home decor is not exactly Civil war era either. Was going to toss it when I had the thought that parts of the chair was made of black walnut and could live on in some way as something else. So after attacking what was left with a table saw, a planner, and a couple router bits great great great grandmother's rocker is now a sound mimicking device that can assist in locating tiny ornate wild chicken like birds that have been targeted for termination.
Nice dark color but the grain is about as plain as it gets. $10
#2 SOLD.

#5-8 These came from a piece of "extra" walnut that was oddly nailed to the bottom of a mid century lounge chair I got. It wasn't doing anything where it was so it was removed and made it into calls. The grain figure on these is more interesting then the plain "Rockers". Have the pleasure of placing one between your lips for $15

#10-15 "Topknots" Made from the same above mentioned "extra" piece of walnut. You go out quail hunting and your shooting sucks so bad you'd miss a ground sluice at a condor but at least you'll do it in style with these calls. Each of these calls have an interesting grain figure of a knot or partial knot that realistically only you will notice and admire. On a serious note I like these and they look better then the image shows. $20

#16 Another "Topknot" but this one is thicker and made from Bastogne Walnut that is going to perfectly match the stock on that gorgeous O/U that you can't afford. But you can afford this call for $20

20181218_081623.jpg

Add a leather lanyard for $5
I think I only have enough for a couple more right now so make sure I have the leather. And the call in that picture is mine so you can't have that one.

I'm using #33 rubber bands on these. I try to make these to produce a louder and lower pitch call. The way I see things I prefer the call to be loud so quail from farther away can hear it and reply back. If I want it to be quieter I can always just cup my hand in front of it to mute it some. They are held together with small screws so they can be taken apart so the rubber band can be replaced or tuned if/when needed.

Shipping should just be $1
Can do payment though paypal. theroaminghazard@gmail.com
Or just get one from me if your near the Northridge area or I might be willing to meet you at your honeyhole. Chukar spots preferred.

Last edited:

Stevehazard

Reaction score
Correction I guess shipping is $3.50?

I've sent out multiple that got to people but the last one was return to sender wanting more postage. Was using their scale thing at a post office so I don't know if I hit an incorrect option or what.

Stevehazard

Reaction score
1, 2, 3, 6, 11, 13, 14, 15, and 16 SOLD.

Season closing soon. I'll be making more later that'll be more like #16. And think I'll make a good stock leading into next season. Probably just going to put lanyard holes in the rest too as everybody wants them with. Thanks you to those of you that have bought any. Put the funds and an old camera trade toward a new one so I hope to be making even cleaner more stable vids in the future for those of you that enjoy them.

Top Bottom