#Want to join/find hunting lease to go in on with other JHP members

rbrown77

Reaction score
Sick of not being able to hunt or pay a guide. Anyone want to go in on a land lease for a year? Anywhere in norcal or central cal. I really just want hogs on the land but other game animals are a plus :) I cant find a plot of land to lease any ideas? Feel free to send me a PM also. If we get 5-10 hunters we should be able to find something. We are good people and will leave the land as it was when we set foot on it and wont be yahoo's.

559hog

Reaction score
Central California would be nice, and I'd be in for it :D.

leftyhunter

Reaction score
You can put an add in the farm bureau papers in various counties that have pigs. You have to be heads up and check out the property. it is against the law in Cal to hunt at night but who says you can't scout at night with night vision or even a simple jack light? A few game cams wouldn't hurt. Some of the wine growers might be ok with hog hunting has long has its archery or cross bow only since a lot of wine country is not zoned for firearms such has Ventura and Santa Barbra county. Some landowners might be ok with slugs or ML but not high power rifles.

An old pig hunter told me that pigs are migratory and pass thru a lot of properties since they burn out there food sources. The only thing that makes pigs stay is barley or another grain. Of course a big property like Tejon Ranch would be an exception since there is so much food and water. Make sure the property has year round water. I would be intersted but I am following alead with a Texas land owner. I know Texas is a bit far from Cal but you might get a real good deal in S.E. Texas.

Good Luck;
Leftyhunter

Top Bottom