Watched them run like rabbits

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
I was watching out the window during super tonight and noticed the 6 deer coming to the feeder.  They were very active and running around back in the woods.  I could see the camera, but it is pointing away about 90 degrees.  When they were about even with the camera the just exploded and took off like I'd shot at them.  I diddn't see the flash but I'm not sure I could have.   I watched for 30 min. and they never came back.  at least not until after dark.    Thats really disapointing.  

I  guess these local deer will get used to it, but what about the deer in the woods.   I see lots of pics with multiple shots of the same deer from you guys, but it sure scared these deer and they watch me work in the yard from 100yds and not run sometimes.  

For the guys with feeders, do you get multiple pics of the same deer most of the time or just some of the time.  My deer usualy spend about 20 min at the feeder.

(Edited by ArkansasElkHunter at 1:21 am on Mar. 16, 2002)

T

the hairless one

my deer have not acted like they even notice. I had one small doe look at the camera a couple times but that was it.

rick

LW

Reaction score
Arkie, I use one cam under feeders exclusively, at first I had it on 1 min. delay and got many multiple shots, it seems to annoy them but they tolerated it, then I changed to a 10 min delay, it seems to give them time to adjust if they stick around.

I watched 2 does late one afternoon trip the cam set on 1 min delay, after the third time it flashed they ignored it as a threat then got real curious, circled around behind and stuck their noses to it then left for good.

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
it may be the "human scent"  not the cam. trust me ive see that reaction!!!

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
The feeder is less then 80yds from the back door.  I'm out ther almost every day.  the kid's tree house is only 20 yds from it. (convienient huh!) The deer come in every morning and every night and I throw about 200lbs a month all year long out of thet one feeder.  I'm pretty sure it's not my scent, but I could br wrong.  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom