Water Bladder ?

Slobbermouth

Reaction score
Im looking for a 2L bladder for my pack. Whats your preference and why ?

CaliforniaKid

Reaction score
Is it an elongated bladder or a square one you are looking for? I like my Badlands bladders because they come in both sizes. I also like the Pure Hydration bladder because it's nearly indestructible.

prohunter

Reaction score
I like Eberlestock hydration bladders. They are tough as nails!

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
The Platypus 2 litter bottles, collapse down once emptied giving you the extra room, and they won't take you to the bank.
Maybe Gdog will jump in here he has put them thru the hoops and trials and swears by them.

Last edited:

parkermann

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a camelback if it fits your needs

quaildeath

Reaction score
Got a dark blue camelback replacement.
Anti-bacterial is the way to go. Tired of a coat hanger and paper towel swabbing the hose and bladder out. Green mold no bueno.

Last edited:

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
A quick swish of bleach and water at the end of the season, toss in a few ping pong balls so it can dry and you're good to go for another year.

quaildeath

Reaction score
A quick swish of bleach and water at the end of the season, toss in a few ping pong balls so it can dry and you're good to go for another year.
It gets used every week. I ride a mountain bike. Get the anti-bacteria model and no worries about cleaning ever. No hanging out to dry. No brainier.

parkermann

Reaction score
Drain all the water then put it in the freezer in between uses. That's what I do. Never had problems with smelling or mold

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
They make sanitizer tablets u can buy and are great for cleaning your water bladders very efficiently.......tra

Slobbermouth

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good input. I just ordered a Badlands Diablo pack from Midwayusa. I haven't received it yet so im not sure what size I will need. All it says is 2L ? I have been looking online but honestly they all look pretty much alike so I asked the question. I know alot of you guy's really put your gear through the paces and I wan't something that's not going to leave me hanging in the field. Until now I have been using water bottles so at the end of the day my pack is alot lighter but still full of empty water bottles ! I do like the idea of anti-bacterial but thats not a show stopper. I guess what im looking for is something that is tough, easy to clean, easy to fill, insulated hose and easy to operate mouth piece. Not to much to ask LOL . Again I appreciate any and all responses.

Bankrunner

Reaction score
To each his own, I prefer sports drink bottles and a stainless steel screw top water bottle. The steel water bottle is multi functional as it caries water and can also be used to boil water to kill bugs, make coffee, tea and food. Just place the bottle next to your fire, stack coals around and up the sides (like a little volcano) and the water is boiling in just a few minutes. This is my preferred method to cook when fire restrictions are not in effect. No need to carry a stove or fuel.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Southern CalI here Bud, No fires allowed!! Put your bottle on that and heat it! (JMWY) I do like being able to get a sip without pulling the pack off and not hot about having extra stuff hanging off of my waist belt.

Bubblehide

Banned
Reaction score
I carry a 3 liter Osprey with a extra long insulated hose I purchased seperately. I also carry 2 one liter bottles on my waist belt for electrolytes, as I do not want that in my bladder, so I can cook with that water if necessary.

Bankrunner

Reaction score
Southern CalI here Bud, No fires allowed!! Put your bottle on that and heat it! (JMWY) I do like being able to get a sip without pulling the pack off and not hot about having extra stuff hanging off of my waist belt.
Is this like the restriction you have that does not allow target shooting anywhere in california except for approved ranges?
I was dispersal camping in the Los Padres National Forest two weeks ago and had a legal fire with a fire permit in hand. Besides that, if i got disabled in the woods or my water filter broke I like the fact that i can boil water. No regulation or negative thoughts from others would stop me. I also believe i am smart enough to pick a location to have a small clean fire and keep it contained.
Good luck.

PinkPounder

Reaction score
I have used Camelback, US Army issued, and the generic bladder for Walmart,

My favorite is the Platypus 2.

Pros - No plastic taste, Compresses down and weighs almost nothing, fits well in my Kuiu Pack System

Cons- Difficult to clean and dry.

I also carry an extra Platypus 2 bottle for extra H2O on those longer trips and a 1L nalgene bottle for around camp and drink mix. Remember to never put anything but water in a bladder, unless you like buying new bladders. Can never get them absolutely clean no matter what brand.

Orygun

Reaction score
I've used both 2 and 3L bladders in my Diablo with no issues.

dc83

Reaction score
Look at the msr bladders, they come in 2, 4, 6 and 10 liters I believe. They are very sturdy. I used them in Afghanistan and still use them. They are available at REI

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom