Water Bladder ?

Slobbermouth

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, My pack should be in tomorrow so I can take a few measurements and get one on order. I haven't seen any of the msr that DC83 mentioned so i wanna check those out also. Im leaning towards the Platypus and Camelback right now.

TheGDog

Reaction score
Let's get it right OPAH... my water bladder is the Badlands one when my prior one gave up the ghost. For carrying the REST of the water... I totally dig on the 1L size VAPUR bag bottles for extra water and the 700ml VAPUR bag bottle for my energy drink mix. The VAPUR bag bottles have a good sized mouth opening, a hinged flip-up snap-open capped drinking spout... and the cap also has a spring-loaded carabiner hook to it. It was real easy to filter with the Sawyer mini filter squeezing it right into those VAPUR's. The weigh less, take up less space...AND... before you snap the cap closed you can make sure you get out any air from the bag and it makes 'em nice and quiet! And the bag shape just fits soo much better into your pack.

Oh... P.S. I definitely recommend getting a watter bladder tube that is insulated! So much nicer not having the tubes length of water getting heated up by the hot sun out here. And for you guys in the cold it prevent it from freezing on you.

Last edited:

JohnCo

Reaction score
I use a 2L that I take out and use in any of my packs. I also usually carry several other water bottles/containers to fill once I get near camp. Before I settle in camp for the night, I usually have the 2L full of water and 2 more quart containers of water. That's enough to drink, cook dinner, and make coffee in the morning.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Are you sure GDog? I could have sworn you said you loved your platypus water bags! that it was great not have them take up room when they were empty?

Rob P

Reaction score
Geiggerig
You can turn them inside out and you can pressurize it with its built in pump

Montaj629

Reaction score
I did some modifying on my badlands pack to accommodate a bigger bladder. Also, at the time.. There was some mixed reviews on the quality of Badlands bladders so I went with with a camelback.View attachment 87812 I can fit 100oz now. Works for me.

TheGDog

Reaction score
Are you sure GDog? I could have sworn you said you loved your platypus water bags! that it was great not have them take up room when they were empty?
Yes... my VAPUR watter bag-bottles are great, They fit in the pack better (than those Nalgene round bottles) when full, and are quiet, and when they become empty they give you back your space in the pack.

When I got my 1st buck, I'd already loaded the pack when I realized the inner bladder for my Badlands pack had gotten empty. Didn't wanna fuss with taking a VAPUR and pouring it into the Badlands bladder, so just said to heck with it and click the carabiner of the Vapur onto my chest strap for the packout and I was good to go! Just fine! It was easy to access right there on my chest and saved me the time of having to bother with filling it into the main bladder of the pack since I already had the gamebag locked onto outside of the pack. So I undid the zippered back-panel of padding and grabbed the needed VAPUR bottle out of the 2200 pack that way and "click" onto the chest strap and bada-bing was ready to head on out.

Top Bottom