Waterproof switch panel

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Like many of you I have been searching for the best waterproof switch to mount on the outside of a case without the best of luck.
I contacted the mfg. of membrane switches and had one quoted.
The switch is totaly weatherproof to NEMA 4 standards, and would have a 4" pigtail to either mount to a board  or wire into a connector. Includes internal led's and would last a minimum of 1 million cycles.
Now... are ya sittin down???
the cost of these puppies....
$50.00 ea. for quantities of 24 or less
$15.00 ea. for quantities of 100 and
$7.00 ea for 500
Anyone interested in a bulk order??

:crazeye:

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
I'd like to get in on the prototype/samples. (hahaha)  Man thats a lot of switches.  Sure would make a great looking cam though.  

Shrtcrkt what do you do for you paycheck.  I'm on of those enjinier, Indianeer, Oh I still can't spell it.

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Ark, I am an Industrial Eng. on paper, and worked for the worlds 2nd largest wood products co. as a Plant engineer/Maintenance Mgr. until I lost my job after 9-11. Now i'm just spending my childrens inheritance, but I need to find work soon so I dont touch their college funds. there just is not much up here in NY these days.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
shrtcirkt,

Wonder how much the price would be without the LED's.  Any idea?  Brians chip only has one led and it's for the test light also

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Just for info:

Somebody already mentioned this the other day but you can get a momentary <on><off><on> toggle switch (3 terminals) that has a 1/4" mounting shaft and use RS's weatherproof toggle switch covers.  

This Switch will take the place of the 2 momentary switches used on Brian's or JoeD's timers for the MODE and COUNT features.  [The Center terminal goes to Batt (-)]

I paid ~$2 for the switch (Mouser # 103-5145) and RS's weatherproof covers are $1.50 for 2

Tinhorn

swampfox

Reaction score
info only! rs discontinued carrying the rubber toggle covers. so if you can find em' you better grab them up!

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Thanks tinhorn,

I get my momentary toggles from Jameco, I just like the looks of the membrane switch.  I dont like it that much though.  Just thinking.  

Davred1 found a source for the toggle covers.  45 cents each  (mro-41-900) is the 1/4"  need to ask for 6mm to fit most of the switches we are getting though.  1-800-882-9301.  ****** can probably confirm this info.

davered1

Reaction score
Guys those covers are .45 cents CANADIAN. thats about .34 cents U.S.

I shipped 100 down to the U.S. from here and the cost was about $35 US including shipping.

mro-41-900    is the 6mm metric thread cover

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
******,  I'd like to have an on/off for power and two momentary for brians setup.  I found a place that will supply a Kit with 4 momentary ($14) but not with two.  I would be happy if I could just find two momentay switches together with a pigtail.  of course custom printing like shrtcirkt's above would be nice.  Hard to beat the toggles and PB for cost though.  If all three were integrated with a header plug just plug it into a header on the board and you're done.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Don't forget to ask him what he might have lying around that would work.  Overruns or cancellations.  

Bring to top

(Edited by ArkansasElkHunter at 7:51 pm on May 1, 2002)

bat

Reaction score
Ok I give, somebody tell us how to do a search on the switch covers.  I spent over an hour trying to search that number out......no luck.  (mro 41-900) :help:

swampfox

Reaction score
bat , i'm with you. i guess i need a link because the search didnt work here either:confused-yellow::confused-yellow::confused-yellow:

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
I dont know about a web search.  I just called the 1 800# talked to the salesman.  He was instantly framilier with the part.

bat

Reaction score
They must have been on lunch break when I called.  Twice.....no answer :frown-blue:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom