Waterproor 1/4" Switch Covers

Hey Boy

Reaction score
Does anybody have a source for 1/4" waterproof covers for toggle switches other than Radio Shack and Amphenol?
I'm having a had time find a RS with them in stock and thier sight says they are not available online.

I'm getting some pictures of some half racks that are begining to shed.

Thanks in advance,    HEY BOY

markr

Reaction score
check your local boat dealer thet might have them. good luck!

davered1

Reaction score
guys,

sent my sister one of the RS covers so she could look in the big city for them.She phoned me today and said she took it to some electronics superstore and the guy there said he could get some for .45cents each. I ordered some to find out if they are for sure the right kind.They had one to look at so?

Seems awfully cheap but I will let you know when they show, should be early next week.

:smiley thumbs-up:

davered1

Reaction score
got my covers today.

From a company called MRO Electronic supply LTD (MROELE) Part # 41-900-0

This is there website MROE

They work great except they only come in black.

45 canadian pesos apiece, which is about .30 cents U.S.

50 cost 25 $ Canadian

Pretty cheap

dave

(Edited by davered1 at 5:24 pm on Mar. 20, 2002)

Lew

Reaction score
What I have been doing, as a low cost alternative, is take a polyester pop bottle, cut off the treads.  Then glue them around the switch with liquid nails adhesive, let cure 24hrs. Then just use the pop cap to screw on over the switch.  Water proof and also protects the switch.  I also use the same setup to cover my LED.  Take the cap off to do the walk by testing and then cover it up so as not spook animals.  Our bottle deposit here in Michigan is 10 cents, so that is my cost.  Lew

Top Bottom