We have velvet my friends

Witty

Reaction score
Hi,

Here are a few shots from my latest batch... nothing real fancy, but neat.

This is the first sign of velvet I've seen:

Bear #2 for me... perhaps the same one from last spring:

A decent pic of a hen:

And finally, a close-up:

-Witty

Willy4003

Reaction score
Nice pictures. Lot of growth for that buck already.

Witty

Reaction score
Hi,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
You putting miracle grow out for that buck?[/b]
Haha... that would be cool, huh. My plan is to keep this particular camera in the same approximate spot all year in hopes of seeing the growth of the same deer, and maybe even pattern him a bit. I got a shot of this buck earlier this year...

Then, a few weeks later, I got this picture...

It's hard to say, without antlers, if it's the same buck. But I'm inclined to say that it is... similar sized at least.

Who knows if the buck I posted at the top of the thread is the same deer or not. But those main beams are looking pretty decent so far.

-Witty

bklf7

Reaction score
There looks like there is a baby bear in that pic also. Maybe someone can zoom in on it to see

Witty

Reaction score
Hi,

If you're talking about that little black thing near the center of the picture, that's just a stump from a little tree a beaver took down a while back.

-Witty

Witty

Reaction score
Hi,

Thought it might be fun to post this. I got the bear picture and a picture of a hen on the same camera, from the same spot, etc. So I extracted the turkey from her picture and slapped it over the bear to give us an idea as to the size of the big fella...

Now I don't know if this is the same bear or not... it's the same general area, so it's certainly possible (and likely). But here's the size of the bear from last spring...

That's me in the red shirt and I'm 6 feet tall.

-Witty

Top Bottom