We let one go :-)

Frank X. Morris

Howdy All,
Neezer and I got out a little after 6 am. Aaba decided to stay home. I'm driving between 2 fence lines watching the cottontails run across the road and then under each fence. Neezer is fit-to-be-tied. We come to the end of the fence on the right and make a right to follow the new fence. So, fence on the right, a line of brush on the left with a road on the other side and the open desert beyond. We are coasting along when a jack comes out of the brush on the left and runs down the middle of the road. I'm thinking about letting Neezer out, but I hold off to see what happens. As I watch jack I realize this is a reeeeal young one, this would be easy pick'ns for Neezer. We follow a little ways, then the little critter cuts to the right and tries the chain link fence. He bounces off, goes a few more feet and tries again, same result. He does this 4 more times before he gives up and just stops and drops his ears hoping to hide, I drive passed. Neezer is spitting on every window on the right side of the Jeep. This jack was so small at first I thought it was a cottontail. He needed a second chance :)

Frank X. Morris

Howdy Bankrunner,
Out again this morning. As I drove the same route we got a good look at the cottontails. Just before we got to our walking area we got a quick glimpse of a jack. Nice walk out in the desert with a cool breeze, which is to Neezer's liking. Didn't see any wildlife, so it was just a pleasant walk in the park :) On our drive back home saw several cottontails and jacks, but nothing that could be run.

Top Bottom