We need donor for blind hardware for the SJWA ....

wrhinehart

Banned
Reaction score
I'm wondering if one of you have access to rolls of Hog Wire. Without this wire, we can't build any new blinds.

These come in 40 foot lengths and along with tie wire, that's all we need to make this a VERY sucessful day!
The planning is going well indeed.

We already have loads of "T" stakes! Doug Schlitz has already volunteered supplying over a dozen pallets.

URGENTLY Needed:

10 rolls of Tie Wire
4 rolls of Hog Wire (40')

HELP!!!!

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Some Home Depots will donate equipment, you might contact one and let them know!

Mike Riley

Banned
Reaction score
KID CREOLE,
You hit the nail on the head. Up north the refuges needed seed for feed vegetation a couple of years back, we asked AG seed companies. They came through with a ton of seed and fertilizer. IF YOU DON"T ASK, THE ANSWER IS AUTOMATICALLY NO.

I suggest trying the chains, but don't forget the local guys that support hunting, like Turner's Hardware. Make sure to remind them you will publicize their donation. Hunters support businesses that support them.

wrhinehart

Banned
Reaction score

Thanks all but I decided to pop for the Hog Wire myself.
To the tune of $150.00 !!

I haven't the time to beg for doners.

I'll pick it up on Tuesday.

Bill

P.S. Bring hand tools!!! Especially lopers, trimmers, cutters and tools to cut small brush and cat tails. Don't forget the gloves, mosquito repellant water and sun block.

azdukfever

Reaction score
HAVE YOU EVER USED PALM FRANS FOR YOUR BLINDS THEY WORK GREAT AND THE WIRE WILL HOLD THEM JUST FINE .WE USED TO ASK THE CITY FOR THE TRIMMINGS OR A LOCAL GARDNER IF HE WOULD BRING THEM TO YOU ,SOME ARE GREEN AND SOME BROWN WHAT BETTER COVER THAT WAY YOU DONT HAVE TO CUT THE NATURAL BRUSH AROUND YOUR HUNTING AREA. JUST MY 2 CENTS.HOPE IT HELPS.OH P.S. DONT FORGET TO ASK YOUR LOCAL CHAPTER OF DU FOR A LITTLE HELP TO GET YOUR WIRE.

Mike Riley

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by wrhinehart@Aug 13 2004, 06:20 PM
Thanks all but I decided to pop for the Hog Wire myself.
To the tune of $150.00 !!

I haven't the time to beg for doners.
Bill,
I think everybody owes you a thank you and maybe some guys might want to pitch-in to help you defray your cost.

I don't think you needed to be the one "to beg for donors" though. There are plenty of guys coming that could have made a phone call, you & Greg have done more than your share of the load. If you give guys a chance to help, you might be surprised at what some people are able to accomplish. I'll help make it easier - if somebody can get hardware or other needed supplies donated to the work day, I can get donation receipts from CWA for the value of the items, and the donor will be able to have documentation for tax purposes. Bill - if you've already paid for the supplies send me an address and I'll send you a receipt for your taxes. Have a great day guys - you should be proud of what you are going to accomplish at SJ.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mike Riley@Aug 15 2004, 10:22 AM
Bill,
I think everybody owes you a thank you and maybe some guys might want to pitch-in to help you defray your cost.

I don't think you needed to be the one "to beg for donors" though. There are plenty of guys coming that could have made a phone call, you & Greg have done more than your share of the load. If you give guys a chance to help, you might be surprised at what some people are able to accomplish. I'll help make it easier - if somebody can get hardware or other needed supplies donated to the work day, I can get donation receipts from CWA for the value of the items, and the donor will be able to have documentation for tax purposes. Bill - if you've already paid for the supplies send me an address and I'll send you a receipt for your taxes. Have a great day guys - you should be proud of what you are going to accomplish at SJ.
Mike that's why I asked what 'hog' wire is? I've never heard of it and don't know where to get it. I was going to get a some tie wire and hog wire, if there was some place near me that had it but I never got a response back from Bill.

I'll be there with various hand tools, a chainsaw, and extra drinking water.

rtin

Reaction score
Can't wait should be alot of fun I will bring all the hand tools I have and chainsaw along with gatoraid,water,and my secret 239 hand counted bean & wild boar chili.239 bean's you ask? 1 more bean would make it just 2 farty.

wrhinehart

Banned
Reaction score
No worries guys.

I just figured that we need the wire (for blind building) and I just didn't have the time to solicit donations. It was worth it to me to insure we have it!!

Like you all, I'm kinda busy.

Besides, I figure the few bucks to be an investment anyway. It's an investment in smiles, good cheer and a circle of grace that begins with me.

Just seeing a young girl or boy with his or her first duck would make it all worthwhile.

Bill

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Originally posted by wrhinehart@Aug 16 2004, 12:26 PM
No worries guys.

I just figured that we need the wire (for blind building) and I just didn't have the time to solicit donations. It was worth it to me to insure we have it!!

Like you all, I'm kinda busy.

Besides, I figure the few bucks to be an investment anyway. It's an investment in smiles, good cheer and a circle of grace that begins with me.

Just seeing a young girl or boy with his or her first duck would make it all worthwhile.

Bill

Bill,

Will there be any need for stainless or galvanized wire?

Stefan

wrhinehart

Banned
Reaction score
Stefan...
no need...we're set!! Thanks....

We're ready to rock no matter what the DFG requests.

They are just now compiling their needs and we are ready for ANYTHING they can dish out!!! I suspect they haven't a clue as to what we will bring to the table!!!!!

Just bring hand tools, water, sun screen, gloves, mosquito repellant, inset spray, hat and the food you want to eat with a little extra. (wild game is job 1!!)

For the tools needed look to the other posts...

Please bring NO power tools..

Bill

Top Bottom