We Need to Stop this....

wyokid

Reaction score
This is going to be voted on shortly.  You need to see this. .50 cent tax on gas, .02 cents per mile you drive your vehicle etc. See for yourself they will give you your contact people to oppose this... The address is http://www.wedrive.com This needs to be stopped.

wyokid

Reaction score
This is going to be voted on shortly. You need to read this. Additional .50 cent tax on gasoline, .02 cents per mile you drive your vehicle, etc. They will give you your contact people on the website.  Here is the address http://www.wedrive.org .      This is the most absurd thing I have seen in awhile.   Time to leave California...Again  This lady needs to be stopped..

Edited to change the ".com" to ".org"  

(Edited by Hogskin at 12:48 pm on May 8, 2002)

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Great post, I sent letters to my reps and Gov. Davis.

You're quite right, this lady is an absolute nut!  She's also on a rant to change the toilets to low flow (plumbers & roto-tooters must love her), along with a bunch of other ridiculous ideas.  How people with such a diminished mental capacity are ever voted into office baffles me.

Regards,
Paul

Kickaha

Reaction score
There already is a tax per mile.  It's called the gasoline tax.  The more miles you drive, the more gas you use, the more tax you pay.  Similarly, it's also a tax on gas hogs.

foulshot

Reaction score
Here is a copy of the letter if someone wants to cut and paste.  I sent mine in!

I am a registered voter and I am writing to urge you to vote "NO" on Assembly Bill 1058, authored by Assemblywoman Fran Pavley. This bill is bad public policy and wrong for California.

AB 1058 directs the California Air Resources Board to reduce greenhouse gases from California cars and trucks. But the legislation is vague and it does not specify exactly how the board will reduce carbon dioxide emissions. How can the California Legislature take such strong action based on so little information?

In my opinion, this bill is an attempt to limit our choice of vehicles. It forces Californians to buy smaller, less powerful cars by making popular larger vehicles more expensive. I want to be able to decide what kind of car I buy and drive! And I don't want to pay more money for it.

AB 1058 is extreme legislation and bad public policy. Again, I strongly urge you to vote no on AB 1058.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I would appreciate a letter of response from your office with your position on this matter.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Gang I don't live in Cal. but I can't beleave that a bill like that is being considered. What happened to a free country? If they can pass a bill like that, What's next? Good luck out there gang.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
This is just one more reason to add to my list of why I'm leaving California. I hope in a couple of years.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom