Weather proof switches???

Pgumby68

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can find weather proof momentary switches for the out side of my game camera. I'm using JoeD's timer which calls for two momentary switches on the outside of the case, but I'm concerned about the RS switches getting wet and not working. Any help would be great.

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Mouser and Newark both carry weather proof momenty switches, but they are real pricey. Around $14.00 each. I am currently waiting for a call back from a company that makes the weatherproof boots (like the ones RS has) to find out it they make a boot that will work.
If this question is not answered beforehand I'll post what I find out.

kc

Reaction score
Have you considered putting the switches on the bottom of the case?  Mine is in an ammo can and uses a dpdt mounted in the bottom.  It isn't weather proof and so far no sign of leaks.   But, my place usually only gets 15-20 inches of rain per year.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Here you go PGUMBY, just what the doctor ordered.  I have bought about 20 of these switches and I simply cut a small 1/2" square hole in my housing and then epoxy the bottom of these switches in.  They are completyl waterproof and work great.  They are SPST.  Cost is a buck fifty each!!

http://www.mpja.com/allpict.asp?dept=67

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
I also used JoeD's timer on my last two cams but opted for a single mom-off-momentary mini switch. I had planned on using the rubber switch covers that RS sells because if you put a little silicone rubber around the base before you screw it down it will seal off real good.
But of course the two had different threads, so I,m now looking for either different switches or covers.

Top Bottom