Weekend update

BigDog

Reaction score
Well, it was another one of "those weekends" up there......

I pulled in around 2 AM. What a slap in the face to be in the truck for 5 hours and then step out into 22 degree temps. Hello, I am awake now. I spent about an hour getting the bunks made (yes, the dogs get their own bunk) and things situated. So, I crawled into the sleeping bag at about 3 and the "dog breakfast alarm" went off at 6 like it always does. So, by seven I was at it. I unloaded all of the wood that I had hauled up with me and then started filling the trailer with junk. Trash left over from last years hunts, building scraps, etc., etc.
I spent most of Saturday working on a roof between two of the cabins. I tried to make a dump run but they closed about 15 minutes before I got there due to high winds. Bummer, 60 miles and 3 hours wasted. Then, back to the roof. I got it done at about 6:30 PM. So, it was time to have a cocktail and think about getting some dinner going. After being in the cabin for a half hour or so, I went outside, and guess what? It was snowing! This seems to be a recurring event, lol. It snowed about 3 inches. But it was really fluffy and gone by noon Sunday.
On Sunday, I burned another 3 hours making the dump run again. Got there in time. Then, back to camp and I started working on erecting a wall between the two cabins. When I ran out of plywood, I switch to another project. Last week, I was at Urban Ore and spotted some plywood and 2 x 4 platforms that had been originally used for pouring cement. But, in my mind, they looked perfect for a deck. There is probably $50.00 of wood in each one and I got them for $10.00 each and hauled them up. By 6:30 PM Sunday, I had the first section of my deck in place. Then, it was time to close everything up, pack the truck and drive home.

Attachments

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly Speck..I've only been to the property once, but it was a heck of a time..

BigDog

Reaction score
Heck Hoghunter, we are neighbors now. You should come on up some weekend.

Actually, I am looking for a couple volunteers this weekend. We are going to attack the Cheat Grass infestation.

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigDog @ Apr 22 2008, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Heck Hoghunter, we are neighbors now. You should come on up some weekend.

Actually, I am looking for a couple volunteers this weekend. We are going to attack the Cheat Grass infestation.[/b]

Dave,

I will..The time I was up at the property I enjoyed myself. I'll check my schedule...Love that area!

HH714

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom