Welder's Glass

scott morris

Reaction score
Where do y'all find Welder's Glass to cover the lense and sensor whole's on the cam's?

(Edited by scott morris at 4:21 am on July 20, 2001)

Matt in MO

Reaction score
My local ACE Hardware store had a smallish box in the "welding" section with an assortment of replacement lens. I bought the 50mm? rounds - set of 2 for about $1.50. Note you MUST use a separate pane of glass for the flash and the shutter.

I say "welding" section as they really didn't have a welding department, only a small isle of common replacement parts.

(Edited by Matt in MO at 8:04 am on July 23, 2001)

MOSSY HORN

Reaction score
Way to go Matt! My wife works for Ace Hardware. She got mine for me (employee discount so I won't tell you the price! ). I got the big square lense (6"x6" I think) and cut small squares to cover the flash, shutter, emitter, and frame counter holes.

scott morris

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I went to one ACE, called 2 other's and neither one has Welder's Glass. They all tell me to try a welding supply store. So I will give Pye-Barker a call. Thanks

gizz

Reaction score
Is this stuff glass or some type of plastic or synthetic? Just curious. I had a freind who's a welder and he gave me about 50 of these refill things but they aren't glass.

Top Bottom