Well I went and did it

Speckmisser

Reaction score
I wasn't gonna give in. I was just gonna look.

But Wayne at Archery Only spent so much time and patience with me, answering my stupid questions and letting me try different bows and such...

Well... [attachment=52970:matthewshat.jpg]

Attachments

hoytrdye

Reaction score
well u could be still shooting using ur fingers and no sight or did you go the FULL monty??

Q2Dude

Reaction score
Congrats Phil! We wont hold it against you for going the way of Mathews! J/K. I can hear the pigs squeals of fear right now.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hoytrdye @ Jul 3 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well u could be still shooting using ur fingers and no sight or did you go the FULL monty??[/b]
No holds barred, Hoyt... sight, release, whisker bisquit... even got carbon arrows!

Still need to sight in the rest of the pins, but I already impressed myself at 20 yards. Things'll be different now, I can tell.

hoytrdye

Reaction score
we will have to get together at SF archers and i"ll show u around the course's

BOHNTR

Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase Speck......I foresee some field photos being posted real soon!

Reaction score
Speck

Remember when I got wheels 2 years ago?

I think YOU picked on me!

Anyway, I still love the recurve but HoooKA my Hoyt rocks.

Congrats and have fun.

FT

Speckmisser

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rancho Loco @ Jul 3 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No excuses now!! Kill something!!![/b]
I'll see what I can do to arrange that, Rancho.

Heading up to Hedgepeth again in a couple of weeks... if I can get out and get this thing sighted in, and get some more time on targets. It will do away with a lot of my "excuses".

I'm kinda stoked.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
congrats on the compound Speck! did he offer you a free PSE DVD ( Boar'n the U.S.A. ) if you bought the bow, that always seals the deal on a Mathews purchase at his shop!......tra

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Thanks all,

FT, I probably did give you a hard time... in good humor, of course.

Seriously, I think it's the right thing to do. Since I can no longer shoot in my backyard, that put an end to my daily practice sessions. Without that kind of practice, I just don't think I can hunt ethically with the recurve. With the compound (and sights!), a couple of sessions a week (more or less) should keep me proficient. That's really what it boiled down to... either that, or no more bowhunting until I can start shooting every day again.

The recurve will stay on reserve, and I'll shoot it when I can. One day I'll hunt with it again, but only when I can practice enough to stay consistently accurate.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Speck I don't think shooting something often makes you more proficient, at least not in all cases.

Look at Rancho, he shoots his mouth off like it's going out of style, and only every third week does he say anything that hit's the mark.

BUT I reckon a bow is different. Go shoot that thang and then SEE what you have been missing, or should I say HIT what you have been missing.

Just funnin ya, enjoy the wheels, they'z where it's at.

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bearclaw @ Jul 4 2008, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Look at Rancho, he shoots his mouth off like it's going out of style, and only every third week does he say anything that hit's the mark.[/b]
But I kills what I aim my bow at.

See ya opening day bro. I think I'll tune my rig up the night before...

Speckmisser

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rancho Loco @ Jul 4 2008, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But I kills what I aim my bow at.[/b]
Yeah, I remember that hog you aimed at at Chopper's... after crawling through that chemise, in the rain and mud and pig crap neither the dog nor I could find him.

'Ike' @ HM

Reaction score
Now you've gone and done it Speck! Next thing you know, it'll be one more, then another. Then all the guys will call you a "Bow Whore" and such, but it'll be to late...

Congrats on the new bow!

wmidbrook

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I wasn't gonna give in. I was just gonna look.[/b]
Shame on you....smacks of impulse and chicanery! Where were your scruples dude??

Seriously, the only mistake you made was not buying a bowtech.

Top Bottom