Well looks like it is time to clean things up

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Have a break in the action for the now, Looks like a good time to tear down the BOSS and rerig the Day pack.
I tried to use a butt Pack Last time out and it was a PITA, so back to my Standard Day Pack.
Its a little more pack than I need for the type of Hunting I will be doing but as i found out More is better than less.

Now lets kick this Can around again, After cleaning the BOSS I should ?
Fire 3 rounds to burn out the oil residue Then sight it in and then just take a dry brush to the bore. Correct ?

In fact that does bring up another question ?
I will also be tearing down and cleaning my 9mm and 22 pistol and Rifle, will the oil residue also effect the firs couple shots ?

Last edited:

P304X4

Reaction score
Were the guns in cases or out where dust could get to them? After firing one or both that I had, (.22 rifle and .32 pistol) I would just give them a general cleaning and put them in their cases. Before firing them I would run a dry cloth through the bore to remove most of the residue. I used both at close range so I never had much worry about sighting them in. When I had the guns I lived in Florida and South Carolina in a more humid climate than out west. Mine were for varmint/target shooting and were used almost on a weekly basis.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Side arms shot not to much, kept in the house in thier holsters or innthe rifle case with the rifles. The rifles are used alot,
The BOSS 30/06, pigs right now, and the 22 Varmits in the afternoon when not Pig Hunting

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
How many Knifes do you carrire in you Pack ?
In my Youth I carried one Gerber with a hook blade, was all I needed to Gut what I shot.
Now with all the cool surgical Blade, exacto Blades and specialtiy blades I am carrying four maybe five
knifes. SO Being the Pack Rat I am I deide to keep them all, but take a lesson from a Good Buddy of mine.
so I now have a processing kit that stays at camp and I carry a Exacto Hook Blade and Havalon Bone collector.
Both have replacable Blades that I also carry.

Last edited:

TheGDog

Reaction score
Havalon + Leatherman Skeletool

+

11oz Elk Ridge Pack Hatchet + thin lil 4" Folding Bone Saw.

With the bottom two tools listed... and a bit of stomping and pushing and cracking...

I managed to bore a hole/path thru the branches of these 3 fallen trees that blocked the trail on this narrow edge, so I would no longer have to go down around them on the sketchy and soft cliff/ledge right there.

Hockey-Stick Tape is your friend!
WP_20190113_003.jpg

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Old Schrade trapper in my pocket and another knife in my pack vest. The second knife changes but it is usually a large folding Gerber. I have not started carrying any of the knifes with changeable blades yet. I am shopping for a knife right now for my younger grandson. I gave his brother the exact same knife I gave their dad 25+ years ago. Original Buck Crosslock. Not sure what to give the younger grandson. Match my knife or match his dad and brothers knife. Neither are in current production. I do have spares of my knife but not another Buck. They can be found but the prices for NIB older knifes is going up.
Just old and stubborn I guess about my knifes but those Schrades have worked for me for over 50 years. I purchased 4 of them when you could still get made in the USA Schrades. I still have 2 in new condition in my safe. The other 2 have been used extensively.

P304X4

Reaction score
One US pocket knife (blade, can/bottle opener and awl) also one K-Bar military knife.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Yep forgot my K bar I carry in my right shoulder strap of my Pack

P304X4

Reaction score
Carried my K-Bar on the left side with the Handle down; easier access to grab with my right hand.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Upside down here also, right chest, should high. Yep this knife isn't for pig sticking

Top Bottom