Well, Neezer will survive!

Frank X. Morris

Howdy All,
After a 3 week restricted activity from surgery Neezer is happily moving around like a 12 y/o puppy lol. He had a mass attached to his spleen. Both came out and the mass is benign. So we move on.

jackrabbit

Glad to hear the good news! I lost both my GSP and Beagle to cancer a couple years back. All my past dogs were purebreds and even in their last weeks they wanted to do what they were bred for -- tails wagging until the end. Can't wait to read of more adventures from Neezer!!

shoottime

Great news on Neezer, they're definitely part of the family. Hope for a speedy recovery and hopefully an extra Scooby snack!

inchr48

Sorry to hear this Frank, but glad Neezer is on the mend. We are treating a Whippet Champion of ours (AKC Grand Champion) for blastomycosis, a fungal infection. She will loose an eye, but prognosis other than that is good. She is only 9 1/2.

Attachments

Frank X. Morris

Howdy inchr,
Haven't seen you on the forum much, glad to hear from you. Bummer about the eye. Where would that fungus come from? 9 and a half is young for a Whip but I guess that falls under "veteran"? The hard part for Neezer was being on lead for 3 weeks after the surgery.

inchr48

It's a pretty rare disease (makes meds pricey), but luckily our vet had seen a few cases and got treatment started even before lab results were back.

She said 200 dogs could use the same field, and one might contract the blasto. We have no idea, but she did act lethargic last Spring at the AWC National in Colorado.

P304X4

Howdy Frank & incher48, glad Neezer is doing ok and hope incher's whippet comes through ok also.

Frank X. Morris

Howdy All,
After all this with Neezer, I have gotten word that his brother Mars died from an apparent heart attack. That leaves 8 left in the litter. Mars was in a lot of events and was a top notch performer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Hounds 7
F Hounds 4
F Hounds 6
F Hounds 2
F Hounds 6

Top Bottom