Went Down to KTP Yesterday

woodseye

Reaction score
Took my son and went down to Kittery Trading Post yesterday and did some shopping.Steve had never been there and really liked it,I traded in a gun and bought a scope and some mounts.Great set-up although they were quite busy for winter time on a weekday.Was hoping to get some of the new 300WSM federal parition loads but they tell me that they are not being shipped yet.Did get to compare the Zeiss and Leupold scopes side by side and just wander around and enjoy the feast for the eyes.Still got a store credit and waiting for them to get a scope I want in so I guess I'll get to go back again in a couple weeks.Was surprised at the amount of snow as we got farther south in the trip.They really got hammered by that last storm I'd say!

woods

buckfever7

Reaction score
I love that place, especially the basement...you lucky bumm you!

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Two years ago, on my way up to Portage, I stopped at KTP first thing in the morning. I stayed over night in Mass. and got to KTP before they opened. It was Labor Day weekend and there was a crowd waiting for the doors to open. Met a bunch of guys from PA that were headed north for bear also. I looked around, don't recall that I purchased anything. The do have alot of guns upstairs though.

Todd

BKnight

Reaction score
woods,
KTP is one of my favorite places to be, whenever i go there i spend at least 2hrs gawking and checking out the firearms, thats all i do, i havent even made it to any other part of the store. Last time i went down there i bought my .243 its a NEF SB2, its a nice little rifle, i bought a used 3x9x40 wideview simmons scope to go on it, its a tack driver for sure. My dad shot a wood chuck with it this summer and needless to say the woodchuck was a mess. Id like to take a trip down there but if i go down i will want to buy something and i wont have any money to spend lol. So im waitin till my 18th birthday in March so i can go buy myself a birthday present

Brock

Quilly

Reaction score
woods..

i go up there once a month to spend $$$ alot of $$$. i am waiting for the call for my special order BAR MKII in 30-06sprg. should be in by the 31st. maybe i might bump into one of these days. now i spend almost as much time downstairs in the archery area.

buckfever7

Reaction score
Way to go Quilly...the basement is awesome! For those of you who have never been, the basement has the archery department.

woodseye

Reaction score
Sounds like a must stop for a lot of JHP members.I still got some store credit so I'll get to do it again in a week or two
Have to pass on taking up bowhunting this year as the scope upgrades and ammo took most of my spending money,but it gives me something to look forward to next year

woods

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Woods,

How long does it take for you to get to KTP? 3 hrs?

Takes me 7-8hrs

JDK

Reaction score
Takes me 6-7 hours and I live in Maine.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I can understand that JDK. Takes me 6 hrs to get where I hunt once I cross the boarder from NH.

JDK

Reaction score
Where do you hunt? Sound like my neck of the woods.

woodseye

Reaction score
The way I drive about 2 1/2 hours
Next time you go JDK,stop in and take a break,we'll tell tall tales and compare bogs
Todd stopped last time he went thru and we compared notes.I'm less than a mile off interstate at East Newport exit.Hawk and his brother came by this year and Dave Hawk from HA stopped by this summer.Its neat to meet and get to know other members from the forum.

woods

buckfever7

Reaction score
Sometime this Summer we'll have to plan a meeting spot and hook up for an afternoon.

JDK

Reaction score
Woodseye,

I will. I, unfortunately, have to go to Augusta once or twice a month.

woodseye

Reaction score
buckfever7 and JDK,the offer stands for both of you,if you get in the area and want to stop in just let me know.I always like to see fellow members and hunters.The welcome mat is always out.

woods

woodseye

Reaction score
Yeah,i'm expecting you to stop by on your way up bear hunting this fall.By the way Todd,its time for you to shoot a nice bear up here

woods

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
yeah yeah, all those little ones I keep passing up ought to be grown up by now.

Quilly

Reaction score
takes me roughly 50mins to get there. my magazine came in for my BAR safari. just waiting for the gun itslef now.

DLuke

Reaction score
Takes me right about 2 hours...sometimes a few minutes less... DL

Latest Posts

Top Bottom