we're all a bunch of sensless killer!!

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome home.  See what happen's when you leave JHP and go to "other" websites LOL.  ::smacking-head-mallet:  You'll never hear that kind of talk here.  :smile-big-blue::shootin:  So now you know where your friends are.:toast-yellow:  Too bad you didn't post any pictures, that would have really got them going.:soapbox:

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
man your tell me bishop!! that post went "anti" in a hurry...i wasn't even trying. anway it was a good weekend, i'm just make lousy running shots! lol

cc

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
"sensless killers" ?? hmmmmmmmmm;  And their point ?  (LOL)

QALHNTR

Reaction score
<font face="Tahoma">Those "anti's" sure make us "senseless hunters" look good.  What a bunch of loonies.  It sure is nice to be able to have a chat without mud-slinging.</font>

(Edited by QALHNTR at 10:08 pm on June 10, 2002)

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
yeah notice all the facts they are providing.lol they're full of insults but nothig to back it up.

cc

1SoCalHunter

Reaction score
Next time you ask them where are they going to be camping at, and we'll all go together to get some yotes right in front of them...:big-grin-aqua::big-grin-aqua:

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I hope none of the member here were involved in the posts that were posted and later removed on the SG forum. Even if many of their members are antis you do nothing but hurt our cause as hunters by posting the idiotic posts that I saw there last night.

From several years of debating antis on the net I have never seen any of them swayed by our logic and scientific facts, just as they have not swayed any of us over to their side with their arguments. What you succeed in doing is letting the people who are neutral or unknowing on hunting issues see what hot headed morons some of us can be. It's counter productive and not real bright.

If you really want to win our fights with antis you need to sway the fence sitters or people who are not familiar with nature and conservation with calm level headed logic and facts. As soon as some one starts calling names and attacking people you've lost the debate. I can assure you the average Joe who was on that forum looking for hiking info and stumbled on those posts may not know any antis or hunters, but next time a vote is up on an issue about us he may recall the posts he saw on the SG forum. Which way do you think he'll vote then?

On recruiting people here to attack another forum, no matter what the forum is about, it won't be tolerated. Just as you can turn their forum upside down, they can also turn this forum upside down. Be careful who you pook in the eye, some of us from the Bowsite debated on several anti sites years ago and Pat's Bowsite has been hacked several times since and some of us that were bold enough to post our emails and names had many problems after that.

If you want to wreck havoc on someone else's website please do not bring it back here. You also had better be willing to suffer the consequences which can be legal if you threaten or stalk their forum members. One of us hutners who was enjoying his time disrupting an anti forum lost his job after they traced his IP numbers to his govvernment office and turned him in. I also don't have the time to sort of the ensuing mess or late nights to recover after someone hacks into the software here as paybacks.

I don't agree with antis and their logic but we have to fight smarter and use our heads if we want a chance for our next generation to be able to go afield with a gun in their hand. Posting about someone "jerking their gerken" does nothing but hurt our cause. You may get a laugh from your buddies but it's the antis who are snickering because they know how we love to shoot ourselves in the foot by posting attacks like that and they also know and relish the fact that others are reading the posts.

==============================================================

This was posted on SGWA by the webmaster regarding the mess yesterday. I've used this forum for years to keep up on the mountain activities. I would hate to lose this helpful resource because of someone's games.

<font face=arial size=1><blockquote><hr noshade size=1>

I've been criticized for trying to manage this board with too heavy a hand. I have valid reasons for restricting content, and the utter nonsense that arrived in this forum since yesterday is proof of the need for such restrictions.
I've spent the last little while cleaning out the posts, and banning a couple of IP's that contributed nothing and went so far as to use foul language and name calling.

We can keep this easy and fun, or we can complicate it further by changing the whole style of the forum by requiring user registration and log-on's. Play by the rules, or the rules get more difficult.

And for those imposters who came out of the woodwork (that have not contributed anything valuable here), you ARE NOT welcome here. Get a hobby.

Unfortunately, free email addresses are easy to get, and the IP ban is only good on the address from which they originally posted. If the nonsense continues, the board will either have to change or disappear altogether.

So, for those that think I'm being heavy-handed, you're in charge now. The direction of this forum is in your hands. Use it wisely, or lose it.

Sincerely,
Michael Gordon
SGWA Webmaster

<hr noshade size=1></blockquote></font>

Boared

Reaction score
Jesse...

I don't post a lot over here, but visit very regularly and contribute info when I can, but I do visit other hunting websites very regularly and post quite frequently on those hoping to make contributions to someone needing help or advice. I have seen a number of sites whom invite "Hate Mail" and then antagonize its senders, for nothing more than a few laughs from it's members, obviously these people do not realize that they are causing more harm than help. I have also seen the "anti" debate hundreds of times, and with each one, the debates usually succumb to personal attacks, name calling and the like, it usually ends up with only someone wanting to make trouble or cause grief between other people, some of the trouble makers probably do not even have a stance one way or another, they just like being able to cause problems.

I have seen some of these so called "heavy handed" moderators, and the reactions and uprisings from the members for being edited and/or deleted. It must come from their false sense of freedom of speech among the websites, as if they do not realize that the freedom of speech doesn't necessarily mean they can say what they want, especially on a website that belongs to someone else. But one thing I have not seen, is a post worded as well as yours on the matter. I am very impressed with the way you look at things, heck, I'm impressed with the website altogether, but the way you handle things and run your website should be commended. You definitely have a group of folks here that are hard to find anywhere in this world, much less on the Internet!!!

Keep up the good work!!

(Edited by Boared at 11:56 pm on June 11, 2002)

Frank

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
"D-I-T-T-I-O", BOARED...DITTO..... OUTSTANDING JOB, JESSE

Frank

Rimrock

Reaction score
Amen to Boared and Frank. Let's keep it clean and upbeat.

Play fair.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom