Whadday gonna do?

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
You're hunting, working up a sweat in the early season and suddenly smell smoke. The wind is inconsistent and you realize you are too close to outrun the blaze and can only guess which direction the wind is gonna blow it but it appears to be the same direction as your way back to the trailhead. Your vehicle is 4.5 miles away. What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?

Beastmode

Reaction score
Back burn. Fire can't burn something that is already burned. Get in the biggest open patch I could find and light it up.

7mallards

Banned
Reaction score
Get out my cell phone and call someone and check the wind direction too...

boar slayer

Reaction score
get the hell out of the thick stuff and head to the most bare area I can find perferably a flat grass area thats been eaten down by ground sqiurrels and cows

solus

Reaction score
Looks like the wind is going to the left. Honestly i would get as far as fast as possible. The vehicle is a good option if you can stay ahead of the fire.

Bankrunner

Reaction score
Hopefully I'm hunting near a water source. I would high tail it to the water and activate my emergency beacon if i had one (no cell service in most area i hunt) I would then make a smoke filter out of green vegetation, sticks and a shirt, get smoke filter wet and test it. I would then dig a hole to bury electronic gear, food, some clothes and yes my lighter and matches, have a spot picked out to submerge my rifle and back pack probably need rocks to weight down backpack. If water was not deep enough for full submersion like say a spring or a seep i would make a muddy mess of a bunch of green vegetation and get prepared to get in the spring with all that muddy mess on top of me (still need smoke filter). I would then sit by and hope the smoke and fire does not come my way.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
I would watch the animals, which ever way they are going I'm going, the know the exits and way a rounds. If that didn't work find a clearing dig me a hole ie: (grave) climb in cover with my E-blanket pull as much dirt on top as I could and get right with god.

7mallards

Banned
Reaction score
Once determined the fires direction i would obviously go the other way :)

P304X4

Reaction score
If I can't move fast enough to get away from the fire I'd grab my knees with both hands bend down and around and kiss my butt goodbye.

P304X4

Reaction score
Pray the wolves ate me before the fire turned me into a crispy critter.
Just your luck the wolves would prefer their Bubblehide extra crispy! :lol bashing sign:

Last edited:

Advertisement

Top Bottom