What, are Elk Camera Shy

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Seeing Wapati's Fox pix's reminded me that there have never been any Elk Pix's (that I remember)

also:

No Otters
No Porcupine
No Weasels
No Mammoths
No Mink
No Marmots
No Skunks
No Pink Elephants
No Badgers
No wolverines
No Timber Wolves
No Mastadons
No Prairie Dogs
No Prairie Chickens
No Quail
No Pheasants
No Vultures
No Hawks

No.......    what else is camera shy

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I've been pimping our game cameras to the boys and girls out west here to get some more muley, cougar and elk pics in the forum and contest. I've wired about 15 cameras for peeps in western states so I know the cameras are out here. In fact I've seen a couple pics and websites from guys out here in thh west who have never posted in this forum. Don't know why they are being shy.

We have elk about 2 hours north of me but they are on private land. The other good spot for elk is Fort Hunter Liggett but they frown on filming there .Something about commie firing squad or sumpin.

I've got a quail shot from last fall, it's kinda hard to see  the little buggers in the weeds. I don't know why we don't get more skunks, I smell them all the time at work and see them squished on the roads.

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi Specrta - I have been holding back. You know . . . we could really bury those guys from back east if we wanted.

gizz

Reaction score
Ummm...I'm from back east. Please bury me!
Why are you holding back?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
uh oh! instead of a fight between the North and South, is this a fight between the East and West,  ha ha

I remember when Kruchef (sp) said he was going to bury us Gizz!  hasn't happened yet tho....:D

"Welllllll, she didn't look LEFT and she Didn't look RIGHT so there you are, you got your DEAD SKUNK in the Middle of the ROAD, Stinkin' to Hi Heaven"

Oooh! not only do I sing bad, I "type" singin' bad

he he

Tinhorn

gizz

Reaction score
The Contest?
Does that mean I have to forfeit entry of my previous postings?

New Rule: Must post entry pics at least 45 days prior to contest! We'll use date/time stamp for proof. That oughta do it :jaw-drop:

What is Tule Elk? Oh sorry, you guys won't post any pics so that I can see for myself. C'mon Richard, how about just one pic?

Ok, Ok, I'll wait until the contest...thing is that is the exact start of our archery season so I'll have other things on my mind...

Tinhorn - I've got a few pics up my sleave as well. Just wait til they see our native T-Rex!

Richard Webb

Reaction score
gizz & tinhorn - Stop worrying about the contest. I just hosed down my fly fishing pram, and will be driving right past the Roosevelt Elk Herd.

Strutter

Reaction score
Those from Salato don't count Wapiti.  I took some of that big boy up there couple weeks ago.  He looks good.  If you happen to be around Cypress this Oct, see if you can slice off a good steak or two and call me.  

Strutter

Richard Webb

Reaction score
wapiti - I should have some elk pics posted by October also. But, Labor Day Weekend is a bad time to set out a trail cam here in California. There are so many people up in the Redwoods with cameras that the elk actually have to move inland a few miles. These elk are getting so tame that they graze like cattle. But, over the state line in Southern Oregon it's another story, because of hunting.

wapiti

Reaction score
Easy now Strutter!  I plan to leave a cam in the elk zone for a couple weeks in late Sept.  I may get a pic of one that gets harvested this fall?

Top Bottom