What do you do to help the birds?

Spec

Reaction score
Just wondered what most of the guys do to help the Sport? Myself I am on several committies for CWA, DU and Delta waterfowl! I also manage a duck club and have a small wood duck project going, I also moderate 2 forums and try to help the other duck hunter as much as I can, I don't mind giving any info that I have learned over the last 52 seasons that I have hunted ducks!!I also have mounted birds for CWA, DU and delta functions !
I think my biggest love is taking out the JR. Hunters and teaching them more about the Sport! I will have some openings for Jr. Hunters this year!!

(Edited by Spec at 10:46 pm on Aug. 18, 2001)

duckme

Reaction score
Just a few things of the top of my head would be that I support Du,buy duck stamps etc.,try to shoot drakes only,try to retrieve all my birds shoot with the help of my chessie which is a major investment,and I always try to educate non-hunters on what the hunter does for the birds and what a small percentage of birds are killed by hunters and the effect that pretators have on the birds.Duck hunting is a major part of my life and I take it pretty serious.

wildlifedesigner

Reaction score
I have stated to donate my Taxidermy work and volunteer time to organizations such as CWA. I auctioned Two bird services at the Chuck Pihera game feed one at the Ca deer ass. and plan on doing some more this year.

grizz

Reaction score
My boy's and I have put up a few woodduck nest boxs in our hunt area.  This year after the season over were going to put some kind of mallard nesting help.  I been thinking about some floating platforms or the tube type nest.  Anyone have an opinion on which would be better?
One word of advise if your going to put up woodduck boxs.  Check the tree for bee's first, got the s#!+ stong out of me, puttin one up a couple years ago.

twoducks

Reaction score
Have 2 wood duck projects with CWA, support CWA, DU, and Delta, have donated time to every brush up day the has happened in the  North end of the valley, always take a junior out everytime there is a junior hunt, pluse several other times during the season, Still feel I owe the resource a lot more for all that it has given me in the past.

overunder

Reaction score
I belong to DU,CWA andNWTF.I try to support the groups that support my interests.I have introduced my 3 daughters to the outdoor life.I believe that the more women we bring into the sport,the more accepted it will be.Too many people take Bambi for real life nowadays.Most of the people that call themselves environmntalists have no clue what the real world is like 100 yards off the roads they drive on or the nice little nature trails they hike.If it weren't for people like us there wouldn't be much open space or critical habitat left.Our organizations and our dollars spent on our way of life protect and restore the wild lands out there.Good luck hunting this year.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom