What do you do

davered1

Reaction score
 Just curious as to what you guys do for a living, I am a High-Lead Faller,(I cut down trees on steep ground for a High-Lead).

What do you guys do,

here's my job,I have to cut this baby down.(and many more like it)

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I am a Installation Services Engineer for

http://www.homedirector.com

Not sure how much longer I will be though. They want me to fly to Chicago and work for 17 days. The last time I flew was Sept 10. I am not leaving my family again for that long and am telling them so.

We'll see what's next.

Update: My boss and my second line manager said the respected my decision and are letting me work in town. Still gamefully employed.

Davered1 >> That's a big tree......

(Edited by Arrowhead at 4:27 pm on Oct. 9, 2001)

(Edited by Arrowhead at 6:35 pm on Oct. 11, 2001)

bigmandude

Reaction score
is that a douglas fur...my god that thang is huge..

could never get my climber around that one.

anyway, i am an architect. (no houses) i do medium to large scale commercial stuff.  ya know .. hospitals, prisons, schools, sports arenas... that kind of thing

bigmandude

Reaction score
of course some people tell me i just get paid to "play on the internet"  

LOL

Welby

Reaction score
I am an Office Manager for an electrical contractor (IBEW 917).  I am responsible for accounting duties, taxes, payroll, blah, blah, blah...

Welby

Reaction score
Dang!  That IS a big tree!  What do ya use to cut that down with?  Dynamite?

Hope you're standing on the right side of that thing when it comes down.

davered1

Reaction score
bigmandude,

It 's a red cedar,that block(bunch of trees), had a average diameter of 8.5 feet at chest height.

Welby,

Got hit last year by one (not this big or we all know where I would be....

It broke my neck,I had to wear a HALO(boy those things suck) for 3 months and hard collar for 2 months

Neck is healed but can't turn head any more than 25 degrees now,so I need a new career

(Edited by davered1 at 3:58 pm on Oct. 9, 2001)

wvhunter

Reaction score
I am consultant with a small computer consulting company.  We/I do networking, cabling, custom software, and installation.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I owned an Electronic Repair Shop for 10 years or so (fixed things like TV's, CB radios, etc but when TV's got so cheap that they were more or less Throw-a-ways, I needed to do something else and built houses for my brother for a while (carpenter & electrician) but that got pretty old,  so I retired, at least for a while.

Tinhorn

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
I am a product engineering manager for Triton Systems.  We are the ones that make all of the ATMs you see in convience stores, malls, etc..   I mostly design metal components and such for the ATMs, but I have started to get a little more involved in the electronics of the machines.  My degree is in electrical engineering, but I like working with metal and mechanical things a whole lot more.  I have the added benifit of being able to use some cool tools from work to design my microcontroller cams ;)  

bandit4649

Reaction score
Hey guys,  
Dont post much just kinda lurk around and steal all the knowledge ya'll throw out.  I do about the same as WVhunter.  I am currently doing consultant work for small businesses.  PC/Networking.  Just recently got my MCSE certification.  For those that don't know, MCSE is Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.  It sounds real big but the way Microsoft is doing the bigger businesses, I may be out of a job for long...

Bandit

Stickbow

Reaction score
Ask anyone who knows me and they'll probably tell ya when I'm not out hunting, I'm here in front of the computer reading, writing or talking about.....HUNTING!

However, according to my pay stub for the past 23 1/2 years I've been a Developmental Aide for the State of New York, working with people who have various Developmental Disabilities (Mental Retardation, Autism, etc, dealing mostly with those who have severe behavior problems) teaching them Independent living skills and preparing them for Community integration.

That is...when I'm not off hunting somewhere!!!  8^ )

Here's a pic of me NOT at work-

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/st...ow/Stickbow.jpg

gtk

Reaction score
Sr Tech Advisor for Information System's for a large transportation company during the day.

The rest of my time, I try to keep my wife from spending tooooo muuuuch money... hadn't figured out how yet, though.

Oh yeah.. Play dad to a 6 year old girl and 3 year old boy.  That leaves very little time for hunting.

cedar N sandy

Reaction score
I work at a Kaolin Plant in Middle Georgia. It is more commonly known as a chalk mining operation. We just call it the "chalk mine". My Father was a "Chalk Miner" for 44 yrs. and I have been second generation for 15 yrs.   I am a TREP operator. My part of the process is TiO2 (Titanium Dioxide) Removal and Extraction. This is done by adding a chemical to liquid chalk and heating it by friction in vats then pumping it into large cells that blow air up thru the liquid chalk and "float" the Tio2 off the top. By removing TiO2 from the chalk you make the chalk whiter or brighter as we like to say. The finished product is an additive to paper.... very good printer paper that is :).  

mkacala697

Reaction score
my job sucks, no paychack....school
looking at going into biology or architecture

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I work for Olin Brass (Olin is the owner of the Winchester ammunition out of East Alton Ill.)I am a Mill Operator I,my job is to take brass strip of all different Alloys form and weld it into Brass Tubeing.

Yes im poor,sad to say.

Possum

Reaction score
I am a Budget Supervisor for the Dept. of Public Safety here in Columbia, SC.  I work in the Budget Dept., Accounting Dept., Financial Services Dept., and any other department that has financial fires to put out.  I do a lot of work in the computer area with Mainframe Analyses, as well as,  PC's databases and data-mining software.  My dad is a Electrical Engineer and is my consulting resource on electronics.  

troll

Reaction score
I'm a biology teacher but working towards a school technology director position.  Hopefully, I can eventually get out of the education sector and move into business.

wapiti

Reaction score
I am a KY Wildlife Biologist.  I primarily work with landowners to improve wildlife habitat, but have also worked with the elk, deer, and grouse restoration programs.

I wouldn't trade my occupation for any other!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom