what do you do

artysniper

Reaction score
okay its the first day of bow season .you got all set up before and hung your stand . you know were the does are feeding but you want the bucks .you set up 20 yards away from feeding site and the does come in you dont spook them,, so you wait for the bucks to come but they dont show . now its time to leave and the does are still there what do you do .spook them . do you go back the next day . what are your thoughts guys.. thanks

hardertr

Reaction score
That's EASY.... take a doe (young one) to put meat in the freezer. Then you hunt somewhere else until the rut starts. The doe will be back to "business as usual" after a couple of days. Once the rut starts, the doe will lure the bucks right into their feeding area where you will already have a stand set up.

sittin duck

Reaction score
i'd pile up a mature doe because they are the ones that will bust you later on and keep that big one from coming out

MIbuckdropper

Reaction score
Either harvest a doe or take a predator call to scare the hell out of them.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Im with kill a mature doe, then let the spot cool off a few days and then rehunt it. This happened to me and I arrowed the doe, the deer were still there a few days later. I had the thought that they would all clear out of there, but I was completely wrong. The very first day that I went back in, I think it was about 3 days, there were deer playing grab ass under my stand.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
have someone drive in and scare the deer off without alerting them to your presence, if that is not an option, bust the doe that you think might have noticed you. Having a buddy drive into the field is how we used to do it to hunt peanuts early season in Georgia, trucks and tractors are always running them off, so they will be back. If you do bust one make sure none of the others saw where the disturbance came from.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom