What Happened to my Luck ! ! !

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I normally have terrible luck but my sister called this evening and said she had an Owl PF and if I'd build her a Movement Camera she'd tell me where 4 more were for * * * $20 each * * *   ! ! !

Well, you guys would be proud of me, I was firm with her when I said I'd not be blackmailed,  blah   blah   blah.......

and oh yah, the Cameras, they "WERE" on the clearance shelf at a Wal-Mart ! ! !     (whispering)  ;)

Tinhorn

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
                                     $20.00 !!!!!  

Possum

Reaction score
Are you that lucky in when you are hunting?  That's great!

jayber

Reaction score
Wow!  Can you say a S-T-E-A-L ?!!  With as hard as they're getting to find, guess I'll have to tell all my family memebers to keep their eyes open.  Hey, have your sister call me when she finds some next time!  LOL

gizz

Reaction score
Did ya get them all Tinhorn?
Oh..., that's a dumb question - $20
That got me all fired up so I called every Wal-Mart in a 6 county area and found None! Some said that they never carried that model, others said they discountinued it over a year ago. Kinda makes me want to go check myself. BTW, where is the clearance rack usually located?

Fubar

Reaction score
Gizz   I have already burned up 100 dollars in gas looking at every Wal-Mart in Southern CA. I was looking for the Mother-load but only got the same story you got. Discontinued a long time ago. I feel like the gold miner searching for the lost mine.       Fubar

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
It's a ruse I tell ya. Tinhorn is sly like a fox, creating this rumor to get you guys all worked up, frothing at the mouth and cross eyed. Then he just slips over to eBay and makes a killing while you guys check out all the Wal-Marts. Classic smoke screen taken from the army field manual on deception. :rw

Tinhorn

Reaction score
My ARMY field manual said put the M16 on "Aut-a-hit-something" and fire away ! ! !    :)

Yep, all 4 taken, the clearance rack in this case, was located by the sewing stuff.  The cam's were not together tho but scattered down the isle.  I would have gladly paid a speeding fine if I would have got caught getting there.......

and nope, they ain't for sale

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Tinhorn please read my post... What solenoid to use.
It would help me out alot.  I know you wouldnt sell one of your cameras, but what about a modified cam and PIR ready to be mounted in a box, or better yet one ready for the woods?  I know you don't need four of them... or do  you?????

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Jake,

I'm not sure how to put this to you, but I'll be as gentle as I can.

I'm sure many of of the people have read your post and just don't have the time or don't want to go through the frustration of figuring out yet another sensor. You haven't even tested your sensor to see what kind of current it draws so it may not even be usuable. I'm sure if someone thought it was worth the time to help out they would have spoken up but without any effort from you to make sure the sensor will work they probably haven't wanted to speak up.

Everyone here is very helpful to anyone who ask any questions but there are some things that are not worth pursuing, (a sensor that is a battery hog etc.). Badgering Tinhorn about his cameras I don't think will get you any closer to figuring out your setup.

gizz

Reaction score
I can see it now, the clearance rack at my local wal-marts is probably located in the women's lingerie section and there I'll be!:diss

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Tinhorn,

your workbench may just start to looking like mine....hehehe

i snapped this pic just to show you all how clutterd my workbench gets sometimes......hehehe

Good luck with the camera's tinhorn and don't let nobody snooker ye out of any.

Reaction score
Man i swear that ain't how nobody should act.  You dont even know what you are talking about.  What do you mean talking about "Badergering Tinhorn about his cameras I dont think will get you any closer to figuring out your sertup" What the hell is that?  I thought the man might like to sell one and make a little money.  That ain't got one thing to do with the one I'm building.  The best thing for you to do is back off a little.  It hasn't bothered anyone else.
I have discovered a sensor that the only modification it needs is conversion to DC instead of AC.  And I'm bustin my a** taking notes, pictures, and recording everystep so that I can provide others with the information.  But I guess you just think that's a waste of time.  

Tinhorn please let me know if you're selling.  Thanks.

(Edited by jakthesnakeGMC at 10:44 pm on July 29, 2001)

d91

Reaction score
dude, without Jess, this site, tndeer, and Tinhorn, none of us would be building anyhting. I think you need to back off a little. This is Jesse's house and you are a guest.

Top Bottom