What happened?

wvhunter

Reaction score
I am using a RS PIR and OWL PF (no timer) and it has worked great since April of this year and has been in the woods the entire time.  The last time I checked it, it would cycle for about 15 seconds.  Which was causing multiple picts from one trip of the PIR.  So I thought the battery had died, so I put a new battery in it with no change.

I had another RS PIR laying around so I put it in and all works fine now.  The board that went "bad" on me had been mauled by bears twice :eatother: but all the circuits "appeared" to be ok.

Any ideas what may have caused this to fail?  I have the cam operational again, so it's not a big deal just wondering what may have happened.

(Edited by wvhunter at 8:06 am on Nov. 1, 2001)

deadcell

Reaction score
Sounds like the switch or the wiring that controls the chime/alarm button may have gotten messed up. If the switch is set to alarm, the camera will cycle multiple times because the sensor is staying on too long. In the alarm mode the pir only stays tripped about 2 seconds, which makes the camera take just one picture not several. Maybe this is what happened. Thanks DC

wvhunter

Reaction score
The switch is chime mode but something inside the switch may have gotten messed up.  I will see if I can take it apart and see.  Normally the alarm will run about 30 seconds and when in alarm thats what it will run.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
and then again, electronics is like a light bulb, never know when it's going to burn-out.....  :)

Tinhorn

Dbworld

Reaction score
This is baaaaaad... I refreshed my screen and now see no posts in the Game Camera forum.  

Nevermind.....it's back now.  5 minutes of not being able to access this forum and I had to call my therapist to talk me down from my panic attack.

(Edited by Dbworld at 11:18 am on April 11, 2002)

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 LOL im with you,I thought my ISP was having a problem,then i thought virus now after spending3 hrs trying to figure out my problem everything works.

Actually my ISP was having a problem,but all is better,no more withdrawls.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom