What hunting/fishing software and apps are you using. Topo map. Aerial maps.

cjack

I prefer G5 maps produced by GISsurfer when on my laptop over Google Earth for ease of use and the fact that you can zoom in closer without going to a "street level" view. I plan on trying onXhunt on my phone for field use, just haven't had the need yet as I've pretty much been in familiar territory this season.

Stevehazard

I prefer G5 maps produced by GISsurfer when on my laptop over Google Earth for ease of use and the fact that you can zoom in closer without going to a "street level" view. I plan on trying onXhunt on my phone for field use, just haven't had the need yet as I've pretty much been in familiar territory this season.
Thanks I used to use this back when it was G4maps or whatever it was. Glad to see he is up again making maps applications. It's nice he has three different sat layers to switch. However I did compare the sat detail on google and it still is better IMO. But it's always nice to have different ones taken at different times, etc. And randomly the area I decided to compare looks like it has a guzzler in it that I had not seen before. Another one on the list!

Stevehazard

Oh does anybody know how or if you can save your custom google maps to your phone for offline use? I know how to save the map itself but just not my custom one with all my different POI and trying to navigate to something you found earlier just using a sat image on a phone screen can be hard.

Top Bottom