What if...

.300Savage

Reaction score
I know some people will enjoy this and some wont but, here it is any way.

What would you do if you shot the biggest buck of your carrear thus far, your on public land bordering private or private land you have legal acess to, no posted borders but, you know there is a chunk of private near by, your buck does not drop at the shot so you take up the track, he heads into the private and due to your addrenalin rush and hound dog instincts before you know it you find your self tracking your buck into a dope field.... the blood trail so far is the good kind you pick your favorite either the red paint can with a whole in both sides (heart shot) or the lovely pink foam (lung).... so from this you know your buck is down in this piece of property..... whats your next move?

Last edited:

.300Savage

Reaction score
the older i get the more i exept i am no more bullet proof then i am super man so i guess the reality of it is hike out, drive out get reception and make the call then wait for the raid. or in my case it's an ajoining piece of private land to ours that has from time to time in the last 40 or so years been known to hold big dope fields and huge bucks. though i don't want to endanger any ones life i always think that if we had enough guys at camp that weekend it could be done.... i just hate the thought of loosing an animal due to fearing for my life, i would feel better about this having retrived my mini from camp along with a few extra clips but again im in no hurry to die or to have to burry a body.

MQ

Reaction score
I guess I'd probably leave the buck behind and call law enforcement to explain the situation. No deer is worth loosing your life over. Hopefully the law could respond in a timely manner and the buck could be retrieved before spoiling.........

bpnclark

Banned
Reaction score
Just go in at dawn. Stoners dont get up before 10 am. You'll be safe until lunch time...

.300Savage

Reaction score
then for about 2 hrs after noon too probly as im sure they'll take a long lunch break..:lol bashing sign:

Dain V

Reaction score
Too bad LRAD'S are not affordable on a working mans budget. Imagine How fun it would be to direct one of those things on a group of sleepy stoners. I think I would blast them with flight of the valkyries.

Anybody know who Is the main agency that deals with these issues? I think I might be looking into law enforcement for a carrer.

OU812

Reaction score
Maybe there is an upside, if one would call it that, to the knuckle heads in Sac. legalizing pot. The days of growing it with the need to hide and protect it would be over for the most part.

jb229

Reaction score
In my opinion if pot were legalized it would create more encounters on public lands, and public lands would be over grown with the crap. Just because its legal does not mean the cartels or backyard operations won't protect it anymore its still a source of money and they will do whatever it takes to make their money.

Dan V, Sheriff Deputys usually coridinate with other federal agencies on Pot Raids. What a fun job that would be though, hunting douche bags in the forrest.

BFR

Reaction score
what would LIKE to do would be to get some of my tactical buddies, sweep and destroy:smiley_chain_gun_an:guillotine::hanged: the scum then get my deer out, cover our tracks, THEN call the law:halo::bag-on-head:

but

I would back off and notify the cops and forest service guys then hopefully wait to get my deer. No deer is worth anyones life no matter how big.

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
I've had this happen to me twice back in the 80's in North Georgia.

My second archery buck, a nice 8 point ran into a picked field and died at the base of a plant that had been picked. No big deal I just walked in and started cutting and was out of there by noon.

The second one was on private land up at Lake Lanier where the local chicken farmer had a little cash crop growing in the woods, about 1/2 acre. I shot a doe and she walked right into the field and died, of course I carefully went in and drug her to the lake shore and put her in the boat and was gone in a half hour.
Didn't really think too much about it; we would run into either a pot field or moonshine operations all of the time when we were trout fishing or hunting deer........it was just understood by the locals that you just ignored what you saw and don't come back.
But here in Cali it's a different game bigger fields run by bigger people! Not the local farmer making a few bucks on the side. I know a friend in a small town in Northern California that the whole town functions around the pot industry. Every elected official either grows it or transports it I've seen it first hand and they say it's just the good Ole boys doing their thing. You just have to accept that this will not go away whether you like it or not.

I would back out and call the troops in to find my deer while they went through with the raid.

zenhunter

Reaction score
You go in with the flamethrower, like Sigourney Weaver in the Aliens egg farm. If they don't want to get their plants roasted, then they gotta let you get yer deer and go.

Attachments

bux-n-dux

Reaction score
Good luck getting law enforcement to respond. We recently went to a cattle ranch up near Covelo to look at buying a lot of cattle from a rancher up there. We noticed the cattle looked a little skinny, not a big problem as we were going to finish them out on our pastures. However, the rancher told us that months before he had noticed severe water restriction on his land. He checked his spring, and saw that someone had run lines from it. He followed the lines to a pot field, just off his property line. The fiels was about the size of 2 football fields he said. He contacted Mendo County Sherrif which directed him to the DEA. The DEA said they were stretched way to thin to respond to a "small" marijuana operation, and that he would be put on the waiting list, which was a year and a half long. Mendo County Sheriff said there was really nothing they could do. He is going to have to wait a year and a half for some help, by which time the field will most likely be gone. We asked him why he didn't just cut the lines and he told us that if he did that, the "farmers" would most likely burn his ranch house down, as things like that happened pretty frequently up there. He basically said that the area is in total lawlessness, and the pot cartel is the law. Unfortunately, we couldn't buy his cattle. Legalizing pot would solve a tremendous amount, as it would most likely be heavily regulated and taxed, and would also most likely put cartels like the above mentioned out of business.

For the record, I wouldn't go after my deer.

jb229

Reaction score
Actually if pot were to be legalized and heavily regulated and taxed, the cost to buy it legally would be a lot more than if you found a local dealer. So really nothing would change except the added tax we would be stuck with.

dw33

Reaction score
If it were legal most people would grow there own. Sure free up a lot of tax payer money spent on people in prison for pot.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom