what is the best way

coues7

Reaction score
what is the best way hands down to mount your frensel so that it is always in perfect alignment with your pir. I think that this has been the hardest part of building my cam.

bat

Reaction score
Lazer pens or jigs do very well for alignment whether it is for the fresnal len or any of the opening in the case. Do a search for lazer or jig and the posts should show up for those two with pictures. Nothing beats them for me.
bat

coues7

Reaction score
I did use a laser to do all the alignment and drilling and it was still off. I have searched and was just wondering if once you guys have used a laser or what ever else if you still have a way to make sure things align. If you shine the laser into the frenzel it dang near blinds you. There has to be a better way.

Coondog

Banned
Reaction score
coues7... You can just eyeball it.. You are not going to lose that much distance if it is just a little off.. Heck, most of these sensors go way too far for the flash anyways...

theck

Reaction score
I have built three and after I use a laser to cut my holes, I do my best to center the fresnel lenses with my eyeball. All have worked fine so far.

bat

Reaction score
Try putting a small piece of masking tape over the pir element so it will not reflect, that should make it easy for you. Good luck,
bat

Latest Posts

Top Bottom