• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

What Kind Of Bear Do You Hunt?

What Kind Of Bear Do You Hunt?

• Griz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Black Bear

• Kodiak Brown Bear

• Brown Bear of Eurasia

• Asian Black Bear

• Polar Bear

• I hunt more than one type of bear

• I just like to read about them

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

muskeg

I hunt Black (which come in Black, Cinnamon and Glacier Blue) Bears and coastal Brown Bear.

RIFLEMAN

I am fortunate enough to tree about two dozen black bear or so a year, but sadly, the overwhelming majority are the cinnamon color phase. I have caught two blacks in my life.

Moose-Hunter

Spend most of my bear hunting chasing South Central Alaska Brown Bears. Though, I do see black bears, which I hunt as well. But my passion is hunting brown bears. I'm hoping this spring I can connect.

davered1

mainly black bears , but have had few oportunities to hunt grizz as well, pretty hair raising ,they likr to live in the alders in slide paths here on the spring when they are open here. can't see 15' in most of the paths ,so wounding them up ain't no fun.

12 years I have put in for my own tag and have not had one yet. hopefully this year

Widux

Have hunted lack, Brown and grizz for 25 yrs in AK -now live in Wi and hunt only blacks each spring

marmot

I voted Black because I spend the most time at and the poll won't let you vote for two. I do hunt griz and Kodiak bears.

Widux

I go to Manitoba in the spring- hunt bear and catch walleyes and pike- next fall i should get kill tag here but opted for point as I'll be in BC hunting most of Sept-pm or email me if you want more info on MB hunt

JohnsIslandBoy

We have Black bears here in the SC upstate but...

The ones I see down on the beaches are of two types

The POLAR BEAR type.

(BIG, HAIRY AND PALE)

Would rather see them shooed back into the water than shot.

The HAIRLESS BEAR.

These are all too common of a bear.

These usually average about 240 lbs and are found on the coast with a gaggle of cubs, 3 coolers, a carton of cigerates and not enough clothes to cover the extra fat that was not used during the winter Hybernation.

As you can well imagine.. I DO NOT HUNT BEARS!!!!!

JIB

so cal hunter

Well right now i only bowhunt black bear but would love to bowhunt brown bear some day when the knee surgery is over and back to 100%.so cal hunter

Gun Docc

Hunt Black Bear in these parts

have taken Black bear with Bow and Gun

below is a pic of one i put a 145 grain Snuffer thru...

the bear crashed in the bottom of a steep holler and was a job to get out of there.....hehehe

Later,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom